15 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Consumer Rights Day, Inter-State River Water Disputes (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and report of Madhukar Gupta Committee among others.
1. World Consumer Rights Day was observed on 15 March 2017 with theme
a) The right to be heard
b) Building a Digital World Consumers can Trust
c) The right to the satisfaction of basic needs
d) The right to be informed
2. Which of the following sports governing bodies recently roped in four scientific advisors to work with fitness aspects of its senior and junior national teams?
a) Board of Control for Cricket in India
b) Indian Boxing Federation
c) All India Tennis Association
d) Hockey India
3. Madhukar Gupta Committee recently submitted its report to Union Government. What was the committee constituted?
a) To resolve grievances of women sports persons
b) To identify athletes under TOP Scheme
c) To strengthen border protection
d) To set rules for implementation of Disabilities Act, 2016
4. World’s first fluorescent frog was recently discovered in which of the following countries?
d) New Zealand
5. Double Olympic gold medallist Joanna Rowsell Shand announced her retirement from international cycling. She represented which country?
a) Great Britain
c) United States of America
d) New Zealand
6. Radha Mohan Singh, Union Agriculture and Farmer's Welfare Minister, recently laid the foundation stone of the Banana Research Centre at
a) Bhagalpur, Bihar
b) Munger, Bihar
c) Patna, Bihar
d) Vaishali, Bihar
7. The secretary of Union Ministry of Culture recently inaugurated an exhibition “Revolutionary Patriots (1905-1947)” on the occasion of 127th Foundation Day of National Archives of India. Who of the following is the secretary of Union Ministry of Culture?
a) Kumar Sanjay Krishna
b) Rakesh Kumar Sharma
c) N.K. Sinha
d) Mahesh Sharma
8. Which bloc’s highest court ruled in favour of allowing employers to ban their workers from wearing visible religious symbols including the hijab?
9. Shashank Manohar resigned as the Chairman of which international sports body?
a) International Olympic Committee (IOC)
b) International Hockey Federation (FIH)
c) International Cricket Council (ICC)
d) International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
10. Which Indian city is hosting the three-day international conference on Vision Zero and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health?
11. Volkswagen Group signed a MoU with this Indian automobile company for exploring joint development projects.
a) Tata Motors
b) Hero MotoCorp
c) Mahindra & Mahindra
d) Ashok Leyland
12. It is in this city the Krishi Unnati Mela 2017 was inaugurated.
c) New Delhi
13. Which country inducted China’s Low to Medium Altitude Air Defence System (LOMADS) LY 80 in its air defence system recently?
d) Saudi Arabia
14. As per an announcement of the Railway Ministry, a museum will be built in this State in the honour of Swami Vivekananda.
b) West Bengal
c) Tamil Nadu
15. Union Minister Uma Bharti introduced the Inter-State River Water Disputes (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in Lok Sabha on 14 March 2017.
I. The bill proposes the creation of a Single Standing Tribunal with multiple benches instead of the existing multiple tribunals.
II. The bill proposes the appointment of Assessors to provide technical support to the tribunal.
III. The bill proposes the introduction of a mechanism - Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) to resolve disputes cordially through negotiations before it is referred to the tribunal.
IV. The bill proposes the setting up of a transparent data collection system at the national level for each river basin and the establishment of a centre authorised agency for the same.
Which among the above statements is correct with respect to the proposals mentioned in the bill?
a) Only I and II
b) All of the above
c) None of the above
d) Only IV
1. (b) Building a Digital World Consumers can Trust
2. (d) Hockey India
3. (c) To strengthen border protection
4. (b) Argentina
5. (a) Great Britain
6. (d) Vaishali, Bihar
7. (c) N.K. Sinha
8. (b) EU
9. (c) International Cricket Council (ICC)
10. (d) Delhi
11. (a) Tata Motors
12. (c) New Delhi
13. (b) Pakistan
14. (c) Tamil Nadu
15. (b) All of the above