Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Pharmaceutical Corporation to block its drugs from use in lethal injections, E-commerce firm accused of selling wildlife specimens and issuance and transfer of controversy-ridden P-Notes among others.
1. Name the state that had decided to introduce statewide police emergency facility number dial 100 on 2 October 2016.
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal
2. Name the pharmaceutical corporation that in May 2016 took steps to block its drugs from use in lethal injections.
c) Pfizer Inc
d) Daiichi Sankyo
3. Name the E-commerce giant that was accused by Wildlife SOS of selling wildlife specimens, including an array of wildlife trophies, snares and manuals on hunting.
4. The Reserve Bank of India on 13 May 2016 said that entities from how many countries will require its prior approval to establish branch office or project office in India.
5. Name the orgnaisation that has decided to tighten due diligence requirements for issuance and transfer of controversy-ridden P-Notes and put the onus on investors to ensure compliance with anti-money laundering law.
a) Financial Stability and Development Council
b) Securities and Exchange Board of India
c) Reserve Bank of India
d) Forward Markets Commission
6. Name the World’s largest cargo aircraft that landed at Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International airport for a stopover on the way to Australia from Turkmenistan on 13 May 2016.
a) Lockheed C-5 Galaxy
b) Antonov An-225
c) Antonov An-22
d) Ilyushin Il-76
7. Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Science under the Union Ministry of AYUSH in May 2016 started a Tribal Health Care Research Project in a district of In Himachal Pradesh. Name it-
8. Ritu Rani whose name was recommended for Arjuna Award by a sports body of India is related to which sport?
d) Kha Kho
9. Name the former captain of Indian cricket team, who on 13 May 2016 was appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman for a second term of three years.
a) Saurav Ganguly
b) Anil Kumble
c) Rahul Dravid
d) Sachin Tendulkar
10. Name the World’s oldest person who died on 14 May 2016 dies in New York at age 116.
a) Tane Ikai
b) Susannah Mushatt Jones
c) Emma Morano
d) Gertrude Weaver
1. (a) Uttar Pradesh
2. (c) Pfizer Inc
3. (a) Amazon
4. (b) Seven
5. (b) Securities and Exchange Board of India
6. (b) Antonov An-225
7. (d) Lahaul-Spiti
8. (a) Hockey
9. (b) Anil Kumble
10. (b) Susannah Mushatt Jones
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.