15 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like International Day of Democracy, Operation Insaniyat and Indus Waters Treaty among others.
1. Which Indian port’s terminal was awarded ‘Container Terminal of the Year’ at the Gateway Awards 2017?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru Port
b) Port of Chennai
c) Haldia Port
d) Vizhinjam International Seaport
2. The International Day of Democracy was celebrated across the world on which day?
a) 11 September
b) 9 September
c) 15 September
d) 5 September
3. Which state has performed poorly in the implementation of the centrally sponsored projects according to the Union Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation?
4. Which city’s National Institute of Ayurveda has made a Guinness world record for most people receiving Nasya Panch Kararma simultaneously?
5. Which state’s government has launched a comprehensive land survey for rectification of land records in the state?
c) Tamil Nadu
6. Which gulf country has contributed USD 300,000 to the office of President of UN General Assembly?
b) Saudi Arabia
7. Which country has abolished the ban on Muslim women marrying non-Muslims?
8. According to the International Committee of Red Cross, number of cholera cases in which country could hit 8, 50,000 in 2017?
a) Democratic Republic of the Congo
9. India has begun high level talks on water sharing treaty with which country?
10. NASA’s Cassini spacecraft ended its 20 year voyage by diving into the atmosphere of Saturn on which day?
a) 13 September
b) 15 September
c) 11 September
d) 10 September
11. Qatar recently announced that it will sign a 15-year agreement to export liquefied natural gas. With which country it will sign the deal?
12. Who is the author of the book titled Unstoppable: My Life So Far?
a) Anna Kournikova
b) Anne Hathway
c) Maria Sharapova
d) Serena Williams
13. Union Government recently launched which of the following operations to help Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh?
a) Operation Relief
b) Operation Insaniyat
c) Operation Humanity
d) None of the above
14. Which of the following ministries recently signed an MoU with CBDT for automatic and regular exchange of information?
a) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
b) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
c) Ministry of Communications
d) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
15. The Government of India recently decided to grant citizenship to Chakma and Hajong refugees. In this regard, consider the following statements.
I. The move came following an order of the Supreme Court, which in 2015 had directed the Union government to grant citizenship to the Chakma and Hajong refugees.
II. Chakma and Hajong refugees came to India from the erstwhile East Pakistan five decades ago.
Which of the above statements is/are true?
a) Only (I)
b) Only (II)
c) Both (I) and (II)
d) Neither (I) nor (II)
1.(a) Jawaharlal Nehru Port
2.(c) 15 September
10.(b) 15 September
12.(c) Maria Sharapova
13.(b) Operation Insaniyat
14.(a) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
15 (c) Both (I) and (II)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.