Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile, Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme and Walk of Hope among others.
1. India on 16 February 2016 test-fired indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile that is capable of carrying warheads of maximum weight of
a) 500 kg
b) 700 kg
c) 1000 kg
d) 1200 kg
2. Name the sprinter from Odisha who was included in the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme formulated by the Union Government for the 2016 and 2020 Olympic Games in February 2016.
a) Suryakumar Yadav
b) Aditya Tare
c) Jauna Murmu
d) Ranjit Nayak
3. Name the archer from Odisha who was included in the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme formulated by the Union Government for the 2016 and 2020 Olympic Games in February 2016.
a) Jauna Murmu
b) Ranjit Nayak
c) Suryakumar Yadav
d) Aditya Tare
4. What is the purpose of Walk of Hope that reached Delhi in third week of February 2016?
a) To address the problem of child labour
b) To address the problem of drug abuse
c) To achieve peace & harmony in India
d) Protecting nature and appeal against de-forestation
5. The ICC Cricket for Good and UNICEF in partnership with BCCI on 15 February 2016 launched the Team Swachh clinics during the ICC WT20 Host City Tour. The clinics were launched in which city?
6. Name the subsidiary of Tata Teleservices which on 15 February 2016 announced its tie-up with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation to provide an additional payment gateway.
7. The Ministry of Railways on 15 February 2016 inked a Memorandum of Understanding on technical cooperation in rail sector with which country?
8. Which of the following countries was defeated by Indian women football team to win gold medal at the 12th South Asian Games?
9. Which country won the gold medal in Men and Women Kabbadi competition at the 12th South Asian Games?
10. Which State of the USA hosted the US-ASEAN Summit on 15 February 2016?
11. Which city on 15 February 2016 bagged the best city performer in behavioral change communication award in the Swachh Sarvekshan function organised by the Union Government?
12. In which village of Ranchi, Jharkhand’s first mega food park was inaugurated on 15 February 2016?
13. National Capital Goods Policy unveiled on 15 February 2016 aims to increase share of capital goods sector by what percentage of total manufacturing activity by 2025?
a) 20 percent
b) 25 percent
c) 30 percent
d) 35 percent
14. Who was adjudged as the Man of the Series of the three-match T-20 series between India and Sri Lanka that concluded on 14 February 2016?
a) Shikhar Dhawan
b) Ajinkya Rahane
c) Ravichandran Ashwin
d) Kasun Rajitha
15. Identify the famous Malayalam music director and composer of background score of film Aaraam Thampuran who passed away on 14 February 2016.
b) G. Devarajan
d) V. Dakshinamoorthy
1-(c) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(c) 7-(d) 12-(a)
3-(b) 8-(c) 13-(a)
4-(c) 9-(a) 14-(c)
5-(b) 10-(a) 15-(b)