16 February 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like bilateral Air Services Agreement, Bheege Chunariya, a Holi-themed festival and country’s minority government survived no confidence vote among others.
1. The Union Cabinet gave approval to amend the Collection of Statistics Act, 2008 to extend its jurisdiction to
a) Jammu and Kashmir
b) Andhra Pradesh
2. The Union Cabinet approved the signing of a bilateral Air Services Agreement with this country.
3. The government of this State gave its approval for construction of an airport in Sabarimala.
a) Andhra Pradesh
4. Name the person who became the first Indian to be appointed as Technical Delegate in International Basketball Federation (FIBA).
a) Norman Isaac
b) Mohd. Rizwan
c) Harikrishna Prasad
d) None of the above
5. Name the portal and mobile application that was launched by Union Minister Piyush Goyal to ensure transparent award of Clearances for Mining Operations.
6. Bheege Chunariya, a Holi-themed festival, will soon be launched in which of the following cities?
b) New York
7. The Union Cabinet approved the merger of the State Bank of India with five of its associate banks. Which of the following is not one of the associate banks?
a) State Bank of Travancore
b) State Bank of Mysore
c) State Bank of Saurashtra
d) State Bank of Patiala
8. The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation launched Employees Enrolment Campaign 2017. The campaign is operational between
a) 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2018
b) 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2017
c) 31 January 2017 and 31 March 2017
d) 1 January 2017 and 30 April 2017
9. Who of the following recently took charge of the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA)?
a) Justice Vikramajit Sen
b) Justice Mukul Mudgal
c) Justice Natwarlal Harilal Bhagwati
d) Justice S.K. Das
10. Which state has completely banned its employees from consuming any kind of intoxicant?
11. Which country’s minority government survived a no confidence vote in the Parliament over its mishandling of a smeared campaign against one of its high profile whistleblowers?
12. Thanal, a city-based group has launched a helpline to provide technical support to people in Kerala. Which issue will be addressed through the helpline number?
a) Waste management
b) Water logging
c) Gender violence
d) Child Labour
13. Which country is the latest to show interest to work with India on Free Trade Agreement?
c) Sri Lanka
14. Name the Australian Cricketer who announced his retirement from international cricket in February 2017.
a) Jason Gillespe
b) Mike Hussey
c) Adam Voges
d) Nathan Lyon
15. Consider the following statements related to Small Field Policy Bidding Round – 2016 that was in news recently.
I. The policy is a first of its kind in the field of gold mining in the country.
II. The policy is based on the revenue sharing model.
Which of these statements is/are true?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
1.(a) Jammu and Kashmir
4. (a) Norman Isaac
5. (d) TAMRA
6. (d) London
7. (c) State Bank of Saurashtra
8. (b) 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2017
9. (a) Justice Vikramajit Sen
10. (c) Bihar
12. (a) Waste Management
13. (d) Thailand
14. (c) Adam Voges
15. (b) Only II
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.