16 June 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like launch of China's first X-ray Space Satellite, Winner of 2017 Man Booker Prize and New Punjab Deputy Speaker among others.
1. The Union Government launched IDCF programme to reduce child deaths due to diarrhoea. What is the abbreviation of “IDCF”?
a) Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
b) Intensive Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
c) Intensify Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
d) Intense Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
2. Who became the first Indian woman to be elected as judge of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS)?
a) Nirmila Kapoor
b) Neeru Chadha
c) Asha Raj
d) Neena Sachdeva
3. The world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complex will be set up in which Indian state by PSUs IOCL, BPCL and HPCL?
a) Uttar Pradesh
4. The Union Cabinet recently approved the Memorandum of Understanding with Palestine for what purpose?
a) Information Technology
b) Training and Development
c) Transfer of Prisoners
d) Agriculture Cooperation
5. Name the China's first X-ray Space Satellite that was launched recently.
6. Which of the following countries has become the top remittance-receiving country for the year 2016, as per a recent United Nations report?
d) Sri Lanka
7. What is the theme of the 2017 World Elder Abuse Awareness Day?
a) Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue
b) Wear something purple
c) Falling Between the Cracks: Abuse and Violence against Older Women
d) Living together in harmony
8. Which of the following novels authored by David Grossman won the 2017 Man Booker International Prize?
a) Falling Out of Time
b) A Horse Walks Into a Bar
c) The Vegetarian
d) None of the above
9. How much interest subvention per annum will be provided to the farmers who repay the short-term crop loan up to one year for a maximum of Rupees 3 lakh?
a) 5 per cent
b) 4 per cent
c) 3 per cent
d) 6 per cent
10. India was recently re-elected to which of the following United Nations bodies?
a) Security Council
b) Trusteeship Council
c) General Assembly
d) Economic and Social Council
11. The Shipping Corporation of India organised ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ sammelan in collaboration with Ministry of Shipping, Government of India in which Indian city?
a) New Delhi
12. Congress MLA Ajaib Singh Bhatti was unanimously elected as the Deputy Speaker of which state’s Legislative Assembly?
b) Himachal Pradesh
13. Which Indian film has been shortlisted to compete in one of the categories at the Shanghai International Film Festival?
14. A new UN report has ranked India as the top exporter of which services?
a) Information and Communication Technology Services
b) Medical services
c) Technology Services
d) Education Services
15. Which state’s government launched the Anuyatra campaign for disabled persons?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
1. Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight
2. Neeru Chadha
4. Agriculture Cooperation
7. Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue
8. A Horse Walks Into a Bar
9. 5 per cent
10. Economic and Social Council
14. Information and Communication Technology Services