16 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like world’s largest combustion research centre, Global Hunger Index 2017 and INS Kiltan among others.
1. Indian Railways has introduced a special tri-weekly Rajdhani Express on which route?
a)Delhi – Kochi
b)Delhi – Mumbai
c)Mumbai – Bangalore
d)Delhi – Pune
2. Which Carnatic vocalist has won the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for 2015 -16?
a)Aswathi Thirunal Rama Varma
c)T M Krishna
3. The World Food day was observed on 16 October with what theme?
a)Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development
b)Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Cycle of Rural Poverty
c)Climate Change: Climate is changing
d)Feeding the world, caring for the earth
4. Pakistan signed a MoU with which nation on border security management?
5. Team Mohun Bagan won the 37th All India Governor's Gold Cup football tournament for the 10th time. The tournament is held annually in which state?
6. Who commissioned INS Kiltan, an indigenously-built anti-submarine, on 16 October 2017?
7. Name the first Arab woman from the Middle East to sign a WWE developmental contract.
8. This indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare is India's first major warship to have a superstructure of carbon fibre composite material.
9. When is World Food Day celebrated?
10. What has been India’s rank at the Global Hunger Index 2017?
11. Who was appointed as the Director-General of UNESCO?
12. The world’s largest combustion research centre was inaugurated at which IIT?
13. Who was appointed as the India’s new ambassador to China?
a)Vijay Keshav Gokhale
14. Which Indian Armed Force launched an innovative mobile health App 'MedWatch'?
c)Indian Coast Guard
d)Indian Air Force
15. When is the International Day of Rural Women observed every year?
1. (b) Delhi – Mumbai
2. (c) T M Krishna
3. (a) Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development
4. (d) Iran
5. (b) Sikkim
6. (a) Nirmala Sitharaman
7. (a) Shadia Bseiso
8. (b) INS Kiltan
9. (a) 16 October
10. (a) 100
11. (a) Audrey Azoulay
12. (b) IIT Madras
13. (c) Gautam Bambawale
14. (d) Indian Air Force
15. (a) 15 October
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.