Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Knight of the Legion of Honour, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and 12th South Asian Games among others.
1. Name the South Korean state that on 16 February 2016 agreed to enter into a sister-statehood relationship for development with Haryana.
2. Identify the fashion designer who was conferred Knight of the Legion of Honour, France's highest civilian honour on 16 February 2016.
a) Manish Malhotra
b) Manish Arora
c) Anita Dongre
d) Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla
3. Name the former United Nations Secretary-General and author of the memoir Unvanquished: A US-U.N. Saga who died on 16 February 2016 in Cairo, Egypt.
a) Kurt Waldheim
b) U Thant
c) Trygve Lie
d) Boutros Boutros-Ghali
4. Utkarsh Bangla Scheme, a welfare scheme for school-dropouts, was launched in a state on 16 February 2016. Name the state.
c) West Bengal
d) Uttar Pradesh
5. Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk led government on 16 February 2016 survived a no-confidence vote hours after the President Petro Poroshenko asked him to step down. He is the Prime Minister of which country.
b) Czech Republic
6. Name the country that on 16 February 2016 approved humanitarian access to seven besieged areas.
7. As per the guidelines announced on 16 February 2016 by the Union Government, premature closure of PPF accounts will be allowed after completion of this many years of opening the account.
a) 5 years
b) 4 years
c) 3 years
d) 2 years
8. Name the country that topped the medal chart of the 12th South Asian Games (SAG) 2016 that concluded on 16 February 2016 in Guwahati, Assam.
a) Sri Lanka
9. The 13th South Asian Games (SAG) 2016 will be held in which of the following country?
d) Sri Lanka
10. Identify the album that won Record of the Year award on 15 February 2016 at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards.
a) Uptown Funk
c) Thinking Out Loud
11. The first Silk Road train connecting Iran and China packed with Chinese goods arrived on 15 February 2016 in which Iranian city?
a) Bandar Abbas
12. Which city was adjudged as the cleanest city in the Swachh Survekshan survey results announced on 15 February 2016?
13. Which city was adjudged as the least clean city in the Swachh Survekshan survey results announced on 15 February 2016?
14. Which team on 14 February 2016 won the 36th National Chess team Championship?
a) Airport Authority of India
b) Indian Railways
c) Life Insurance Corporation
d) Petroleum Sports Promotion Board
15. In which city the one-week long 36th National Chess team Championship concluded on 14 February 2016?
b) New Delhi
1-(b) 6-(a) 11-(c)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(a)
3-(d) 8-(c) 13-(c)
4-(c) 9-(c) 14-(b)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.