17 February 2017: Current Affairs Quizzes of 17 February 2017 seeks to help the aspirants’ of competitive exams in their preparation. These quizzes will help you in revising the day at an ease. Today’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Marriages Bill 2016, report of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and appointment of five judges in Supreme Court among others.
1. As per a report published by the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, it is in this State child marriage is widely prevalent.
c) Andhra Pradesh
2. It is in partnership with this Indian company Dassault Aviation has floated a joint venture recently.
a) Tata Advanced Systems
b) Reliance Aerostructure Limited
c) Boeing International Corporation India Private Limited
d) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
3. It is with this Indian automobile company Microsoft entered into a strategic partnership recently.
a) Tata Motors Ltd
b) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
c) Maruti Suzuki Ltd
d) Hero MotoCorp Ltd.
4. Name the Judge who was not appointed to the Supreme Court by President Pranab Mukherjee recently?
a) Sanjay Kishan Kaul (Chief Justice of Madras High Court)
b) Dipak Gupta (Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court)
c) Mohan M. Shantanagoudar (Chief Justice of Kerala High Court)
d) Jasti Chelameswar (Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court)
5. What is the theme of the Hunar Haat-2017?
a) USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development)
b) Craft Aur Cuisine Ka Sangam
c) Sangam: Where crafts meet cuisine
d) None of the above
6. TV Parasuram, who passed away recently, was related to which of the following fields?
7. Which of the following cities is hosting the 2017 Indian Panorama Film Festival?
a) New Delhi
b) Mount Abu
c) Port Blair
8. Which public health facility received Rs 5 crore prize money as part of the Kayakalp Award Scheme for 2016-17?
a) All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
b) All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Raipur
c) All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Jodhpur
d) National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases (NITRD), Delhi
9. Who was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to Canada?
a) Gopal Baglay
b) Vikas Swarup
c) Syed Akbaruddin
d) Navtej Sarna
10. Which of the following is not the search engine that was directed by the Supreme Court to set-up in-house expert body to delete materials that goes against Indian laws that prohibits pre-natal sex determination?
11. Name the person who was selected for the 2016 Vyas Samman.
a) Sunita Jain
b) Surendra Verma
c) Kamal Kishore Goyenka
d) Vishwanath Tripathi
12. The authorities of which state are planning to introduce water conservation lessons in the school syllabus?
a) Madhya Pradesh
13. Who was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on 16 February 2017?
b) Edappadi K Palaniswami
c) VK Sasikala
d) MK Stalin
14. The latest data by the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre (NSIDC) revealed that:
I. The population of penguins in the Southern hemisphere has reduced drastically
II. There has been a rise in sea level in the Antarctic region
III. The Antarctic ice is melting at a fast pace
IV. The sea ice extent in Antarctica has shrunk to an all-time low
Which of the above statements is correct?
a) Only IV
b) Both IV and III
c) Both II and III
d) Only I
15. The newly proposed Marriages Bill 2016 seeks to:
I. Put a cap on extravagant spending in Indian weddings
II. Limiting the number of guests and dishes
III. Allow Gay marriage
IV. Abolish the need to register for marriage in the court
Which among the above statements is correct?
a) Only IV
b) Only III
c) Both I and II
d) Both IV and I
1. (c) Andhra Pradesh
2. (b) Reliance Aerostructure Limited
3. (a) Tata Motors Ltd
4. (d) Jasti Chelameswar (Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court)
5. (b) Craft Aur Cuisine Ka Sangam
6. (a) Journalism
7. (c) Port Blair
8. (a) All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
9. (b) Vikas Swarup
10. (d) UCBrowser
11. (b) Surendra Verma
12. (c) Rajasthan
13. (b) Edappadi K Palaniswami
14.(a) Only IV
15. (c) I and II