Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like world’s first robot lawyer, 2016 Man Booker International Prize, and Heads Together campaign to tackle stigma among others.
1. What was the theme of the 2016 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day that is observed annually on 17 May?
a) Telecommunications and ICTs: Drivers of innovation
b) Broadband for Sustainable Development
c) ICT Entrepreneurship for Social Impact
d) None of the above
2. What is the name of the world’s first robot lawyer that was hired by a US law firm?
3. Name the South Korean author who won the 2016 Man Booker International Prize for her novel 'The Vegetarian'.
a) Ann Goldstein
b) Han Kang
c) Elena Ferrante
d) Orhan Pamuk
4. Who of the following is not a part of the three-member Indian women's archery team who were named for the Rio Olympics?
a) Deepika Kumari
b) Bombayla Devi
c) Laxmirani Majhi
d) Dola Banerjee
5. Name the UNDP project that has turned testimonies of displaced people in Ukraine into “books”.
a) Living Library
b) Displaced Library
c) Library of Displaced
d) Library of Livings
6. Name the new fund that will be launched at UN World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul, Turkey in May 2016.
a) Education is waiting
b) Educate the deprived
c) Education Cannot Wait
d) None of the above
7. Who was sworn in as the acting Chief Justice of Tripura High Court?
a) Justice Tinlianthang Vaiphei
b) Justice Deepak Kumar Gupta
c) Justice Dinesh Maheshwari
d) Justice Vineet Saran
8. British Royals launched the Heads Together campaign to tackle stigma of
b) Mental health
9. The scientists of which country built the world’s first scanning helium microscope to study human, animal and plant samples in pristine form?
c) New Zealand
10. Which country launched the Yaogan-30 remote sensing satellite on board the Long March 2-D rocket?
b) South Korea
11. Name the Indian Ph.D student who bagged the European Materials Research Society’s (EMRS’s) Young Scientist Award at the EMRS 2016 Spring Meeting Lille France.
a) Partha Pratim Majumdar
b) Nandini Bhandaru
c) Usha Barwale
d) Paramjit Khurana
12. Which country won the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, the longest-running annual international TV song competition?
13. Who was recently appointed the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court?
a) Justice Deepak Gupta
b) Justice Vaiphie
c) Justice Kumar Vyomkesh
d) Justice Navin Sinha
14. Identify the pair that won the 2016 Italian Open women’s doubles title.
a) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
b) Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic
c) Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci
d) Květa Peschke Katarina Srebotnik
15. Who of the following Indian peacekeepers will not be honoured with Dag Hammarskjold Medal by UN International Peace Keeping Organisation?
a) Head Constable Shubhkaran Yadav
b) Subedar Jagjeevan Ram
c) Rifleman Manish Malik
d) Havildar Amal Deka
1. (c) ICT Entrepreneurship for Social Impact
2. (a) ROSS
3. (b) Han Kang
4. (d) Dola Banerjee
5. (a) Living Library
6. (c) Education Cannot Wait
7. (a) Justice Tinlianthang Vaiphei
8. (b) Mental Health
9. (d) Australia
10. (c) China
11. (b) Nandini Bhandaru
12. (b) Ukraine
13. (a) Justice Deepak Gupta
14. (a) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
15. (b) Subedar Jagjeevan Ram