Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Food Day 2016, Varanasi Stampede and International Day for the Eradication of Poverty among others.
1. What was the theme of World Food Day 2016?
a) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too
b) Social Protection and agriculture: breaking the cycle of rural poverty
c) Family Farmers - Feeding the world, caring for the earth
d) Sustainable Food Systems for Food Security and Nutrition
2. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajghat bridge during a religious procession. The bridge is located in which city?
3. Russia's Rosneft Oil Company and its partners in October 2016 acquired which Indian company?
a) Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd
b) Petronet Limited
c) Essar Oil Limited
d) GE Oil & Gas Limited
4. China in October 2016 signed 26 agreements and MoUs with which country in fields of power and energy, information technology, investment, disaster management and culture?
d) Sri Lanka
5. Who was appointed as Brand Ambassador of Valvoline Cummins India recently?
a) Virat Kohli
b) MS Dhoni
c) Sachin Tendulkar
d) PV Sindu
6. What was the theme of the 2016 World Standards Day?
a) Industry Sectors Ranging from Energy
b) Climate Change and Healthcare
c) Standards Build Trust
d) International Standards Represent the Consensus View
7. Who was selected for the Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016?
a) M P Veerendra Kumar
b) P V Chandran
c) M Mukundan
d) C Radhakrishnan
8. Who of the following won the men's singles title at the Chinese Taipei Open badminton?
a) Parupalli Kashyap
b) Sourabh Verma
c) Daren Liew
d) Hsu Jen-hao
9. What was the theme for International Day for the Eradication of Poverty that was observed on 17 October 2016?
a) Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms
b) Leave no one behind: think, decide and act together against extreme poverty
c) Ending the violence of Extreme Poverty: Promoting empowerment and building peace
d) We Can End Poverty
10. What was the theme for 2016 BRICS Summit?
a) BRICS Partnership – a Powerful Factor of Global Development
b) Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions
c) Inclusive Growth: Sustainable Solutions
d) BRICS: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation
11. Name the country with which India signed an agreement for promotion of co-operation between Indian Council of World Affairs and the country’s Council of World Affairs.
12. Who of the following won the welterweight Asia title?
a) Neeraj Goyat
b) Ben Kite
c) Amandeep Singh
d) Dilbag Thakran
13. Who headed the expert committee that in its report suggested that the Saraswati River was not mythical and it existed?
a) KS Valdiya
b) AK Singh
c) Shashi Shekhar
d) Madhav Chitale
14. Name the country with which India signed an agreement for cooperation in the field of water resources, including innovations in irrigation technology.
b) South Africa
15. 2016 BRICS Summit concluded on 16 August 2016 in India. Consider the following statements in context to the summit.
I. Goa Declaration was adopted by the BRICS nations.
II. BRICS leaders also held a summit with the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU).
III. The ninth BRICS summit will be hosted by Brazil at Fortaleza in 2017.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
1. (a) Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too
2. (b) Varanasi
3. (c) Essar Oil Limited
4. (c) Bangladesh
5. (a) Virat Kohli
6. (c) Standards Build Trust
7. (d) C Radhakrishnan
8. (b) Sourabh Verma
9. (a) Moving from humiliation and exclusion to participation: Ending poverty in all its forms
10. (b) Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions
11. (d) Hungary
12. (a) Neeraj Goyat
13.(a) KS Valdiya
14. (d) Hungary
15. (a) Only I
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.