Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Open Government Partnership, Sanctuary magazine’s Lifetime Service Award and country’s WTO membership among others.
1. Identify the Indian-origin World Bank official who on 16 December 2015 was selected to lead Open Government Partnership.
a) Srikanth Srinivasan
b) Neal Katyal
c) Sanjay Pradhan
d) Sonal Shah
2. Who on 17 December 2015 was named for Sanctuary magazine’s Lifetime Service Award for the year 2015?
a) Umesh Verma
b) Jayan and Uma Menon
c) Anahita Mukherji
d) Claude and Norma Alvares
3. Hindustan Unilever on 17 December 2015 announced the acquisition of which flagship brand of the Mosons Group?
a) Beevis Pickles
b) Jeeva Hair oil
c) Bhringraj Tail
4. Who on 17 December 2015 was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Tata Starbucks effective from 1 January 2016?
a) Avani Davda
b) Sumi Ghosh
c) Pienka Dubey
d) Sirin Ghosh
5. Identify the aviation industry turnaround expert who on 17 December 2015 resigned from the post of Chief Executive Officer of Jet Airways.
a) Cramer Ball
b) Gaurang Shetty
c) Ravishankar Gopalakrishnan
d) Niko Kardassis
6. Which Bill was passed by Lok Sabha on 17 December 2015 to make the arbitration process cost effective for investors, ensuring speedy disposal of cases?
a) The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015
b) The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorized Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2015
c) Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill, 2015
d) The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2015
7. Name the country whose membership terms to join the World Trade Organisation (WTO) as 163rd member was approved at the WTO's Tenth Ministerial Conference (MC10) on 17 December 2015.
8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 17 December 2015 released the final guidelines on computing interest rates on advances based on which method?
a) The Marginal Cost of Funds Methodology
b) Base Rate Methodology
c) Benchmark Prime Lending Rate Methodology
d) Asset Liability Management Methodology
9. Name the veteran leader of Communist Party of India (M) of eastern India who passed away on 17 December 2015?
a) Sheikh Hasan
b) Noorul Huda
c) Jyotirmoy Basu
d) Rama Anand
10. The Union Government on 16 December 2015 gave in-principle nod to which project of Google?
a) Google Trends Visualizer
b) Solve For X
d) Project Loon
11. By what percentage the Federal Reserve of US on 16 December 2015 increased the interest rate for the first time since 2006?
12. Who was on 16 December 2015 appointed as the head of the single member committee to look into the KG-Basin gas dispute between Reliance Industries and ONGC?
a) Vijay Kelkar
b) A P Shah
c) C Rangarajan
d) Arvind Panagariya
13. Identify the speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Arunachal Pradesh against whom on 16 December 2015 an impeachment resolution was passed?
a) Kedar Nath Rai
b) Thokchom Lokeshwar Singh
c) Nabam Rebia
14. Which railway station will be the first one to get Wi-Fi services as part of a partnership between Google and RailTel that aims at providing the services in 400 railway stations across the country?
a) New Delhi
b) Chennai Central
d) Mumbai Central
15. As per the Best Countries for Business report released by Forbes on 16 December 2015, which country was adjudged as the best country to do business with?
1-(c) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(d) 7-(b) 12-(b)
3-(d) 8-(a) 13-(c)
4-(b) 9-(b) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(d) 15-(a)