Current Affairs Quiz: 18 May 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UK's Traffic Light System, plasma therapy and first tranche of Jal Jeevan Mission among others.
18 May 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UK's Traffic Light System, plasma therapy and first tranche of Jal Jeevan Mission among others.
1. Which state has decided to set up 48 oxygen generation plants?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
2. Who has been appointed as the parliamentary party leader of CPI(M)?
a) Pinarayi Vijayan
b) KK Shailaja
c) Mohammad Riyas
d) None of the Above
3. Which among the following treatment procedures has been dropped for the management of COVID-19?
d) Convalescent plasma
4. India falls under which list in the UK's Traffic Light System?
d) None of the Above
5. The centre has released how much amount under the first tranche for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission?
a) Rs 5968 crore
b) Rs 6879 crore
c) Rs 8965 crore
d) Rs 4868 crore
6. Which state has decided to make a fixed deposit worth Rs 10 lakh each for the children orphaned due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
c) West Bengal
d) Andhra Pradesh
7. The US has announced that it will share how many million vaccine doses over the next six weeks?
8. Which nation has barred foreign curriculum and foreign ownership in private schools?
1. (d) Telangana
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on May 17, 2021 directed the Medical and Health Department officials to set up 48 oxygen generation plants in government hospitals across the state. They are expected to produce about 324 metric tonnes of oxygen required for Covid patients in the state.
2. (a) Pinarayi Vijayan
Pinarayi Vijayan has been appointed as the parliamentary party leader of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). His new cabinet is expected to have all fresh faces.
3. (d) Convalescent plasma
Convalescent plasma therapy has been dropped from India's COVID-19 treatment protocol. The Covid National Task Force released new clinical guidelines for the management of mild, moderate and severe Covid cases on May 17, 2021 and they do not mention plasma therapy.
4. (c) Red
The United Kingdom on May 17, 2021 lifted the ban on overseas travel and lifted the ‘Stay in the UK’ regulation. However, international travel will be allowed to restart governed by a new traffic light system. India has been listed under the red list of UK's traffic light system.
5. (a) Rs 5968 crore
The central government has released the first tranche of Rs 5968 crore to 15 States for the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in the financial year 2021-22. The centre will be releasing four tranches in total in the current financial year.
6. (d) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh's YS Jaganmohan Reddy on May 17, 2021 directed officials to work towards making a fixed deposit worth Rs 10 lakh for every child who has lost both their parents due to COVID-19 infection.
7. (a) 80
The US President Joe Biden on May 17, 2021, announced that the US will be sharing 80 million vaccine doses globally over the next six weeks.
8. (c) China
China's State Council has announced tough new laws that bar the teaching of foreign curriculum in schools from kindergarten to grade nine (K-9) and prohibit the ownership or control of any private K-9 schools by foreign entities. China currently has private K-9 schools that teach the local and foreign curriculum.