Current Affairs Quiz: 18 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh, Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh and review petition against Supreme Court’s Ayodhya verdict among others.
18 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh, Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh and review petition against Supreme Court’s Ayodhya verdict among others.
1. Who has been elected as a member of AIBA athletes commission?
a) Sarita Devi
b) Mary Kom
c) Manju Rani
d) Simranjit Kaur
2. Which among the following Muslim bodies has decided against filing review petition on Supreme Court’s Ayodhya Verdict?
a) All India Muslim Personal Law Board
b) Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind
c) Sunni Waqf board
d) None of the above
3. India’s Ravi Prakash won the BRICS-Young Innovator Prize for inventing which among the following inventions?
a) Green ice box
b) Milk chilling unit
c) Plastic recycle machine
d) Eco-friendly manure maker
4. Which Ministry launched the Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK), a repository of diverse crops?
a) Ministry for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
b) Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
c) Ministry of Women and Child Development
d) Ministry of Rural Development
5. Indian government has decided to extend the visa-on-arrival facility for citizens of which country?
a) Saudi Arabia
6. Bilateral Maritime Exercise Za’ir-Al-Bahr 2019 began between India and which country recently?
a) Saudi Arabia
7. Justice SA Bobde took oath as the Chief Justice of India on November 18, 2019. He was administered the oath of office by which of the following leaders?
a) Prime Minister
c) Judges of Supreme Court
d) Council of Ministers
8. Who among the following has been recently elected as the new President of Sri Lanka?
b) Mahinda Rajapaksa
c) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
d) Arvind Disilva
9. When was the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims observed?
a) 16th November
b) 17th November
c) 18th November
d) None of the above
10. When is National Press Day observed every year?
a) 18th November
b) 16th November
c) 10th November
d) 12th November
1. (a) Sarita Devi
Veteran Indian boxer, Sarita Devi was elected unopposed as a member of the AIBA Athletes Commission. She was among the six boxers who were selected as members of the commission from 5 continents.
2. (c) Sunni Waqf board
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board and the Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind have decided to file a review petition against Supreme Court’s Ayodhya verdict. The Sunni Waqf board clarified that they would not be filing a review petition.
3. (b) Milk chilling unit
India’s Ravi Prakash was awarded the BRICS-Young Innovator Prize for inventing affordable and indigenously-designed milk chilling unit. The milk chilling unit can be used by the small and marginal rural dairy farmers to cool milk from the point of production.
4. (c) Ministry of Women and Child Development
Union Minister of Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani, launched the Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK) in New Delhi along with Bill Gates, co-chair of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. This Kosh is a repository of diverse crops of India across 128 agro-climatic zones.
5. (c) UAE
The Indian government has decided to extend the visa-on-arrival facility for the nationals of the United Arab Emirates. The visa-on-arrival facility will be available to the citizens of UAE for a period of up to 60 days with double entry for business, tourism, conference and medical purposes.
6. (b) Qatar
Bilateral Maritime Exercise Za’ir-Al-Bahr began between Indian Navy and Qatari Emiri Navy on November 17, 2019. Indian Navy’s INS Trikand and Patrol Aircraft P8-I arrived at Doha to take part in the exercise that will conclude on November 21, 2019.
7. (b) President
Justice SA Bobde was sworn in as the 47th Chief Justice of India on November 18, 2019. He was administered the oath of office by President Ram Nath Kovind. He succeeds Justice Ranjan Gogoi.
8. (c) Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Gotabaya Rajapaksa is the brother of former Sri Lanka president Mahinda Rajapaksa. He defeated Premadasa with a difference of more than one lakh votes. Experts believe that now China can expand its presence in the region.
9. (b) 17 November
The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is observed on the third Sunday of November every year. This year, the day was commemorated on November 17. The UN Day is dedicated to the memory of the people killed in road accidents. The 2019 theme of the day is – Life is not a car part.
10. (b) 16 November
The is National Press Day is observed annually on November 16. National Press Day is a symbol of free and responsible press. On this day the Press Council of India started working, which is a monitoring press related institutions. The Press Council of India is a legal quasi-judicial body created by an Act of Parliament.