18 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Snapdeal CFO resigns, Global Investors Summit and #IamThatWoman campaign among others.
1. Which Indian-American personality won the 2017 American Bazaar Philanthropy award?
a) Ajay Raju
b) Mohd Ailam
c) Richard Verma
d) Sajid Khan
2. AYUSH Festival of Stamps 2017 began in which city?
d) New Delhi
3. The NIIF of India signed a pact worth USD 1 billion with which organisation?
a) Dubai Investment and Infrastructure Fund
b) UAE Inter-cooperative Fund
c) Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
d) None of the above
4. India’s first-ever All India Institute of Ayurveda was inaugurated in which city?
d) New Delhi
5. The first-ever International tri services joint exercise INDRA – 2017 will be conducted between India and which country?
c) United States
6. In the third anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission, which ministry received the Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award?
a) Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
b) ministry of Information and Broadcasting
c) Ministry of Agriculture
d) Ministry of Women and Child Development
7. Name the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and General Counsel of Snapdeal who resigned in October 2017.
a) Rohit Bansal
b) Anup Vikal
c) Kunal Bahl
d) D Sivakumar
8. Which business tycoon donated $25 million to establish an endowment at Harvard University's South Asia Institute?
a) Ratan Tata
b) Azim Prem Ji
c) Indra Nooyi
d) Lakshmi Narayan Mittal
9. Where will the International Gita Mahotsav be inaugurated?
10. India has signed a MoC with which country on Technical Intern Training Programme?
11. Which state government has reduced interest on loan under Saksham Yojna?
c) Uttar Pradesh
12. Pak, Afghanistan, Nepal are among the 15 nations that have been elected to this UN body.
13. The WCD Ministry has launched an online campaign to end gender bias in women against women. What is main hashtag for the campaign?
14. Which state is going to host its first-ever Global Investors Summit?
15. When is International Day for the Eradication of Poverty celebrated?
a) 17 October
b) 17 December
c) 17 November
d) 17 September
1. (a) Ajay Raju
2. (b) Panaji
3. (c) Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
4. (d) New Delhi
5. (a) Russia
6. (a) Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
7. (b) Anup Vikal
8. (d) Lakshmi Narayan Mittal
10. (c) Japan
11. (d) Chhattisgarh
12. (c) UNHRC
13. (a) #IamThatWoman
14. (d) Assam
15. (a) 17 October
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.