Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Chief Information Commissioner of India, purchase of S-400 Triumf Air Defence Missile System and appointment of Brazil's Finance Minister among others.
1. Which of the following is not one of the three companies that were presented with CII-ITC Sustainability Awards for outstanding accomplishment in the corporate excellence category on 15 December 2015?
a) Tata Housing
b) ACC Limited
c) Hindustan Zinc Limited
d) JSW Steel Limited
2. Which of the following on 15 December 2015 won the top award in the start-up category as part of CII Industrial Innovation Awards 2015?
a) Capital Numbers Infotech Pvt. Ltd
b) Right Track Admizzionz Campuz Pvt. Ltd
c) AIDAIO Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd
d) Finmart Advisory Pvt. Ltd
3. Which of the following was on 15 December 2015 adjudged as the Most Innovative Company of the Year as part of CII Industrial Innovation Awards 2015?
a) Reliance Industries Limited
b) Bharti Airtel
c) Zydus Cadila
d) Vodafone India
4. India Index Services & Products Ltd on 16 December 2015 launched special indices on Tata, Birla, Mahindra Groups. Against this backdrop, identify the stock exchange of which ISSL is a subsidiary?
a) Bombay Stock Exchange
b) MCX Stock Exchange
c) National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange
d) National Stock Exchange
5. Identify the North-African nation that signed UN-brokered Political Agreement to form a national unity government in the country on 17 December 2015?
6. Name the noted theatre artiste who passed away on 18 December 2015 and was known for establishing cultural organization Rasaranjani?
a) Adhiraj Sharma
b) Chatla Sriramulu
c) Maya Krishna Rao
d) Ratan Thiyam
7. Who was appointed as the eighth Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India on 18 December 2015?
a) Vijai Sharma
b) Tulsi Singh Grover
c) RK Mathur
d) Indernath Kapoor
8. Who was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Apple Inc on 18 December 2015?
a) Jeff Williams
b) Tim Cook
c) Harry Lynda
d) James Dickinson
9. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) on 18 December 2015 approved the purchase of S-400 Triumf Air Defence Missile System from which country?
10. Name the British Novelist who died on 16 December 2015 and was known for his novel The Weathermonger?
a) Mary Rose Barnard
b) Robin McKinley
c) Peter Dickinson
d) Anatole Broyard
11. Meghalaya government on 18 December 2015 signed a peace pact with which militant outfit?
a) United A'chik Liberation Army
b) Karbi Longri NC Hills Liberation Front
c) National Democratic Front of Bodoland
d) United People's Democratic Solidarity
12. The Delhi government on 18 December 2015 fixed an upper age limit for admission to entry-level classes. What age was fixed for admission to class-I?
a) 3 Years
b) 4 Years
c) 5 Years
d) 6 Years
13. Which state celebrates the Rannotsav festival that showcases traditional art forms of India and is held annually during the full moon time in winters?
14. Which state on 18 December 2015 enforced complete ban on the sale of polythene across the state by 31 December 2015?
c) Uttar Pradesh
15. Who was appointed as the Finance Minister of Brazil on 18 December 2015 by Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff?
a) Joaquim Levy
b) Nelson Barbosa
c) Luciano Rostagno
d) Christopher Garman
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(c) 12-(c)
3-(c) 8-(a) 13-(d)
4-(d) 9-(a) 14-(c)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(b)