Current Affairs Quiz: 19 January 2016
Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like first organic state of India, New category in National Film Awards and World Tourism Barometer among others.
Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like first organic state of India, New category in National Film Awards and World Tourism Barometer among others
1. Identify the organization which on 18 January 2016 acquired Magnet 360.
c) Tata Consultancy Services
2. Which of the following on 18 January 2016 commissioned 40 MW wind project in Karnataka?
a) Moser Baer
b) Suzlon Energy
c) Tata Power
d) ReNew Power
3. Name the State in which the BHEL on 18 January 2016 commissioned a 660 MW supercritical thermal power unit.
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. Identify the senior BJP leader who died on 19 January 2016.
a) Ram Kapse
b) Gopinath Munde
c) Dr Daulatrao Aher
d) Bharuch Shirish Bengali
5. Which state was on 18 January 2016 declared as the fist organic farming state of India?
6. Which tennis player on 16 January 2016 won the 2016 WTA Apia International title of Tennis in the men’s single category?
a) Viktor Troicki
b) Grigor Dimitrov
c) Christopher Kas
d) Mikhail Kukushkin
7. Name the founder member of rock band the Eagles who died on 18 January 2016.
a) Don Henley
b) Glenn Frey
c) Bernie Leadon
d) Randy Meisner
8. The Union Government on 18 January 2016 decided to institute which new category of award under the National Film Awards?
a) The Most Film Friendly Region
b) The Most Film Friendly Country
c) The Most Film Friendly State/UT
d) The Film Friendly State/UT
9. The World Bank in the third week of January 2016 decided to extend an assistance of 20 million US dollar to help reconstruct a zoological park. What is the name of the park?
a) Kambalakonda Wildlife Sanctuary, Visakhapatnam
b) National Zoological Park, New Delhi
c) Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park, Pune
d) Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Visakhapatnam
10. Which country on 18 January 2016 declared a state of economic emergency and social emergency?
11. Which multilateral agency released the report titled World Tourism Barometer?
a) World Bank
c) International Monetary Fund
d) World Economic Forum
12. As per the World Tourism Barometer, international tourist arrivals grew by 4.4 percent in 2015 to reach a total of
a) 1.1 billion
b) 1.2 billion
c) 1.3 billion
d) 1.4 billion
13. The 10-member committee to simplify the provisions of Income-tax Act, 1961 on 18 January 2016 submitted its report to the Union Ministry of Finance. It was headed by
a) Arvind Panagariya
b) Kamlesh Chandra
c) L Narasimha Reddy
d) Justice (retd) R V Easwar
14. Which of the following on 18 January 2016 released the report An Economy for the 1%?
a) Asian Development Bank
c) International Monetary Fund
15. Which Indian state on 13 January 2016 became the first in the country to develop a Disaster Risk Reduction Roadmap under the Sendai Framework for Action?
d) Andhra Pradesh
1-(b) 6-(a) 11-(b)
2-(d) 7-(b) 12-(b)
3-(d) 8-(c) 13-(d)
4-(c) 9-(d) 14-(b)
5-(c) 10-(d) 15-(a)