19 July 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like war injury pension for soldiers injured before independence, large bench to decide on right to privacy in India and eco-bridges for movement of tigers among others.
1. Which bench of Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) held that Soldiers injured pre-Independence are entitled to war injury pension?
a) Delhi Bench
b) Chandigarh Bench
c) Lucknow Bench
d) Kolkata Bench
2. The Supreme Court has decided that its large-bench will decided whether right to privacy is a fundamental right in Indian Constitution or not. What will be number of judges in the large bench?
3. Name the country that in July 2017 banned Hizbut Tahrir group that seeks to establish global caliphate.
c) The US
4. This country in recent past jailed six human-rights activists including Amnesty International's chief of the country for allegedly aiding terrorists.
5. Which state government recently decided to develop eco-bridges for movement of tigers?
a) West Bengal
6. In which country India recently launched a Solar Electrification Project to electrify a remote village named Agaween?
7. Name Britain’s first woman Sikh Member of Parliament who was recently elected to the Home Affairs Select Committee?
a) Shay Grewal
b) Preet Kaur Gill
c) Manjit K. Gill
d) Sukhmani Kaur Rayat
8. The United States of America recently imposed new sanctions on which country over missile tests?
c) North Korea
d) None of the above
9. Who was appointed as the President of Ramakrisahna Math and Mission?
a) Swami Shraddhanandaji
b) Swami Shankarnandaji
c) Swami Suvarnanandaji
d) Swami Smarananandaji
10. Who resigned as the Editor of Economic and Political Weekly (EPW) recently?
a) Paranjoy Guha Thakurta
b) Abir Dasgupta
c) Rammanohar Reddy
d) T Senkumar
11. The Phase IX of the prestigious Science Express exhibition train reached which place?
d) Andhra Pradesh
12. Who took oath as Members of the Lok Sabha recently?
a) Farooq Abdullah and LK Qadri
b) LK Qadri and PK Kunhalikutty
c) Farooq Abdullah and PK Kunhalikutty
d) Majid Sheikh and PK Kunhalikutty
13. Who of the following will lead the Indian campaign in the US Open Grand Prix of badminton?
a) Jwala Gutta
b) Srikanth Kidambi
c) Saina Nehwal
d) P. V. Sindhu
14. PM Narendra Modi would be inaugurating a national memorial to mark the death anniversary of which former Indian President?
a) P. J. Abdul Kalam
b) K R Narayanan
c) R. Venkataraman
d) Shankar Dayal Sharma
15. Which Indian state has set up a panel to look into the legal possibility of designing its own ‘state flag’?
b) Tamil Nadu
1. (b) Chandigarh Bench
2. (d) Nine
3. (a) Indonesia
4. (c) Turkey
5. (d) Telangana
6. (c) Egypt
7. (b) Preet Kaur Gill
8. (a) Iran
9. (d) Swami Smarananandaji
10. (a) Paranjoy Guha Thakurta
11. (b) Maharashtra
12. (c) Farooq Abdullah and PK Kunhalikutty
13. (c) Saina Nehwal
14. (a) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
15. (b) Karnataka
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.