Current Affairs Quiz: 19 October 2021
The day’s updated Current Affairs quizzes cover topics such as new plant species, Rojgar Bazaar 2.0 portal and Nechiphu tunnel among others.
Current Affairs Quiz 19 October 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise Current Affairs of the day at ease. The day’s updated Current Affairs quizzes cover topics such as new plant species, Rojgar Bazaar 2.0 portal and Nechiphu tunnel among others.
1. Which state administration has signed an MoU with Dubai government for real estate development?
c) Arunachal Pradesh
2. Allium Negianum, a new plant species, has been discovered in which state?
b) Himachal Pradesh
3. Which state government will launch Rojgar Bazaar 2.0 portal?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
4. Mount Harriet, which will be renamed as Mount Manipur, is located in which state/ UT?
d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
5. BRO's all-weather Nechiphu tunnel is being constructed near which state?
a) Himachal Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Arunachal Pradesh
6. Which International rapper has officially changed his name to 'Ye'?
a) Zayn Malik
b) Kayne West
c) Snoop Dogg
7. Curtis Campher has become the third bowler in T20 history to take four wickets in four consecutive balls. He plays for which nation's cricket team?
d) New Zealand
1. (a) J&K
Jammu & Kashmir administration on October 18, 2021, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Dubai government for the real estate development, industrial parks, multipurpose towers, IT towers, medical college, logistics, super specialty hospital, and more.
2. (a) Uttarakhand
A plant discovered in 2019 in Uttarakhand has been confirmed as a new species of Allium- a genus that includes many staple foods such as garlic and onion, among 1,100 species worldwide.
3. (c) Delhi
The Delhi Government is set to launch the Rojgar Bazaar 2.0 portal that will be a digital job matching platform for entry-level jobs in India. The government has floated tenders on October 14, 2021, for the development of the portal.
4. (d) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Indian government, as a tribute to the freedom fighters of Manipur, has decided to rename Mount Harriet as Mount Manipur. Mount Harriet is an island peak in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
5. (d) Arunachal Pradesh
Border Roads Organization (BRO) is constructing a 500-metre long all-weather tunnel-Nechiphu tunnel- near Nechiphu pass in Arunachal Pradesh. The main aim is to cut short the time for military convoy going towards the forward base near the China border.
6. (b) Kayne West
American rapper Kanye West has officially changed his name to Ye. A Los Angeles judge approved a petition by West to officially change his name to 'Ye' on October 18, 2021.
7. (c) Ireland
Ireland pacer Curtis Campher on October 18, 2021 became the third bowler in T20 history to take four wickets in four consecutive balls. Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga and Afghanistan's Rashid Khan had achieved the feat earlier.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS