19 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes
will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like inter-
ministerial committee to monitor implementation of safety measures in schools, grant books and uniform instead of cash to the Below Poverty Line students and 38th
meeting of Transport Development Council among others.
1. Centre has decided to form inter-ministerial committee to monitor implementation of safety measures in schools. Consider the statements in context of the same.
I. The decision was taken during a meeting between HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar and WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi in New Delhi.
II. A committee of seven secretaries will be constituted to monitor the implementation and progress of the guidelines.
III. It was suggested that Nirbhaya funds can be utilised for various school safety measures.
Which of the following statement/s are true?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
2. The Supreme Court has directed the Centre to verify whether the Archery Association of India (AAI) has amended its constitution in accordance with the National Sports Development Code (NSDC) of
3. Which state’s high court has ordered the state government to grant books and uniform instead of cash to the Below Poverty Line students?
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. The WCD Ministry is holding 1st National Conference on Mission Mode to address which raging issue?
a) Under Nutrition
c) Gender Inequality
d) Hygiene& Sanitation
5. The 38th meeting of Transport Development Council is scheduled to be held in which city?
6. With Brexit underway, UK is working toward a new bilateral trade deal with which nation?
a) The United States of America
7. According to the data released by the commerce ministry in September 2017 India's exports rose by this per cent in August 2017.
a) 7.45 per cent
b) 9.26 per cent
c) 10.29 per cent
d) 15.11 per cent
8. Which of the following television series won the Outstanding Comedy Series award at the 69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards?
b) Master of None
9. Raquel Dodge was recently appointed as the first ever woman prosecutor of which of the following countries?
10. The US Army recently inaugurated its first ever permanent base in which country?
11. Who was recently appointed as the Director-General of the National Investigation Agency?
a) Radha Vinod Raju
b) Sharad Kumar
c) Y C Modi
d) None of the above
12. Which actor was recently appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Uttarakhand?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Amir Khan
c) Akshay Kumar
d) Irfan Khan
13. Who was appointed as the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)?
a) Rajni Kant Misra
b) YC Modi
c) Archana Ramasundram
d) Sharad Kunnar
14. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently dedicated the Sardar Sarovar Dam to the nation. Where is the dam located?
15. Which state became the first Indian State to approve e-vehicle policy?
b) Andhra Pradesh
1. (c) Only I and III
2. (c) 2011
3. (c) Chhattisgarh
4. (a) Under Nutrition
5. (a) Vadodara
6. (b) Canada
7. (c) 10.29 per cent
8. (d) Veep
9. (b) Brazil
10. (a) Israel
11. (c) Y C Modi
12. (c) Akshay Kumar
13. (a) Rajni Kant Misra
14. (b) Gujarat
15. (d) Karnataka