The daily quiz brought by jagranhosh.com on 2 January 2017 covers important topics like India’s first transgender school, World’s Best Playmaker for the year 2016 by IFFHS and adoption of a resolution that seeks to end violence in Syria among others. These updated quizzes will allow you to revise the day at its best and get ready for the exams that will be faced by you in coming future.
1. India’s first transgender school ‘Sahaj International’ recently started in which of the following states?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
2. The Union Sports Ministry recently suspended Indian Olympic Association for not replying to a show-cause notice over the appointment of which two of the following as life-presidents of the organisation?
a) Abhay Singh Chautala and N. Ramachandran
b) N. Ramachandran and Suresh Kalmadi
c) Suresh Kalmadi and Abhay Singh Chautala
d) None of the above
3. Identify the Indian tennis player who recently announced retirement from the professional tennis?
a) Leander Paes
b) Saketh Myneni
c) Somdev Devvarman
d) Prakash Amritraj
4. Who of the following football players were awarded the World’s Best Playmaker for the year 2016 by IFFHS?
a) Andres Iniesta
b) Lionel Messi
c) Tony Kroos
d) Christiano Ronaldo
5. Who of the following took the charge of Indian Army as its 27th Chief?
a) Lieutenant General Bipin Rawat
b) Lieutenant General Praveen Bakshi
c) Lieutenant General PM Hariz
d) General Dalbir Singh Suhag
6. Who has been named Samajwadi Party’s new national president?
a) Shivpal Yadav
b) Ramgopal Yadav
c) Akhilesh Yadav
d) Amar Singh
7. Who has been appointed as the President of Samajwadi Party’s Uttar Pradesh unit?
a) Naresh Uttam
b) Akhilesh Yadav
c) Mulayam Singh Yadav
d) Azam Khan
8. According to a newly surfaced documentary, what was the real reason behind the sinking of RMS Titanic?
a) Bad Weather
d) Ice Berg
9. Which Chief Minister launched the Aarogya Raksha family health insurance scheme on the first day of the New Year?
a) Pinarayi Vijayan
c) N Chandrababu Naidu
d) K Chandrashekar Rao
10. Who was appointed as the assistant coach to the Australia Twenty20 international squad for February 2017 series against Sri Lanka?
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Jason Gillespie
c) Justin Langer
d) Sachin Tendulkar
11. Russia in recent past delivered four Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets to a country after a delay of two years. Name the country to which the delivery was made.
12. Name the country in which people fear that fascism will rise across the world in wake of Donald Trump's election victory in the US, and the Brexit referendum in the UK. It was said in a study by BMG Research for 'The Independent' newspaper.
c) The US
13. Which of the following is the PSU bank that didn’t slash its benchmark lending rates on 2 January 2017?
a) State Bank of India
b) Punjab National Bank
c) Union Bank
d) Bank of Baroda
14. UNSC unanimously passed a resolution that seeks to end violence in Syria. Name the country that drafted the resolution.
c) The US
15. President Pranab Mukherjee gave his assent for the promulgation of the Specified Bank Notes (Cessation of Liabilities) Ordinance, 2016. Consider the following statements in context of the Ordinance.
I. It makes holding banned Rs 500 and Rs 1000 an offense from 1 April 2017
II. The offence will attract a penalty of Rs 50000 or four times the cash held, whichever is higher
III. It amends the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Act, 1934
Which is/are correct?
a) Only II
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
1. (d) Kerala
2. (c) Suresh Kalmadi and Abhay Singh Chautala
3. (c) Somdev Devvarman
4. (b) Lionel Messi
5. (a) Lieutenant General Bipin Rawat
6.(c) Akhilesh Yadav
7.(a) Naresh Uttam
9.(c) N. Chandrababu Naidu
10. (a) Ricky Ponting
11. (c) China
12. (b) Britain
13. (d) Bank of Baroda
14. (b) Russia
15. (c) Only I and III
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.