Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Singapore Open, Turkey elections and Drafting Committee on New Education Policy among others.
1. Indo-Swiss pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis on 1 November 2015 won Singapore BNP Paribas WTA Finals women's doubles title by defeating
a) Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez Navarro
b) Irina-Camelia Begu and Monica Niculescu
c) Casey Dellacqua and Yaroslava Shvedova
d) Hao-Ching Chan and Yung-Jan Chan
2. Name the leader of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) that on 2 November 2015 won the Parliamentary elections of Turkey.
a) Kemal Kılıcdaroglu
b) Abdullah Gul
c) Selahattin Demirtas
d) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
3. Which of the following country on 31 October 2015 won the Rugby World Cup played at Twickenham Stadium in London?
a) New Zealand
c) United Kingdom
d) United States
4. Flight 7K9268 of Airbus A321 operated by Russian airline Kogalymavia (Metrojet) crashed with 224 people, including 17 children on board on 31 October 2015 in
a) Peninsulas of Sierra Leone
b) Sinai Peninsula of Egypt
c) Egypt's Ras Banas of Egypt
d) Peninsulas of Eritrea
5. What is the most noted achievement of the renowned archaeologist VN Misra who died on 31 October 2015?
a) Excavations at Bhimbetka and Balathal
b) Books on Protohistory
c) Research in Sanskrit
d) Guidance given to HD Sankalia
6. American actor Al Molinaro who died on 30 October 2015 was best known for playing which character?
a) Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable
b) Diner owner Al Delvecchio
c) The Fonz
d) Special Agent Dale Cooper
7. Who on 1 November 2015 took over as the Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd?
a) Rakesh Kumar Jha
b) Animesh Nandan Sahay
c) Akhilesh Mishra
d) Anil Kumar Jha
8. For which purpose did Punjab Government on 29 October 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a consortium of Beta Renewables, Novozymes and CVC India Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.?
a) To set up a bio-ethanol refinery
b) To set up a solar power plant
c) To set up a biomass Power Plant
d) To set-up a 100 MW power generation unit
9. Facebook on 31 October 2015 partnered with which state-owned entity to create 100 WiFi hotspots in rural areas of western and southern India?
a) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam
b) Millennium Telecom
c) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
d) Indian Telephone Industries Limited
10. Who was appointed as the Chairman of the Drafting Committee that was appointed on 31 October 2015 for framing New Education Policy?
a) TSR Subramanian
b) R V Easwar
c) B S Baswan
d) T Haque
11. Which of the following countries made sexual assault on men a crime since 31 October 2015?
12. From which of the following stealth warships, BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile was successfully test-fired on 1 November 2015?
a) INS Kolkata
b) INS Chennai
c) INS Kochi
d) INS Delhi
13. Identify the company that was founded by Brijmohan Lall Munjal who died on 1 November 2015?
d) Hero Group
14. Who won the Swiss Indoors men’s singles title of tennis on 1 November 2015?
a) Roger Federer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Andy Murray
15. What is the number of drug formulations that was capped on 29 October 2015 by the drug pricing regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)?
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(b)
2-(d) 7-(d) 12-(c)
3-(a) 8-(a) 13-(d)
4-(b) 9-(c) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.