20 February 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India's only live volcano, World Day of Social Justice and South Asian Speakers Summit among others.
1. The World Day of Social Justice was observed globally on 20 February 2017 with the theme
a) A Just Transition - environmentally sustainable economies and societies
b) Building a solid and interactive bridge in the world to accelerate ending FGM by 2030
c) Preventing conflict and sustaining peace through decent work
d) Challenges and Achievements of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action – 15 years after
2. ISRO recently tested the indigenously developed Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS) for use in this rocket
a) GSLV MkII
b) GSLV MkIII
c) GSLV MkIV
d) PSLV C38
3. South Asian Speakers Summit on achieving Sustainable Development Goals was held in
d) New Delhi
4. The ICGS AYUSH was commissioned at
5. It is this State Government announced a Cloud Seeding Project for 2017.
d) Madhya Pradesh
6. It is in this African country the Vice President Hamid Ansari paid floral tributes at the Kigali genocide memorial recently.
7. The legislature of this country passed the landmark Hindu marriage bill recently.
b) Sri Lanka
8. Name the state that in February 2017 allocated lands for the construction of nine thematic cities in the new capital.
c) Andhra Pradesh
9. Name the states that on 20 February 2017 celebrated its statehood day.
a) Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram
b) Nagaland and Mizoram
c) Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland
d) Assam and Goa
10. Name the person who was elected as the leader of the new leader of the Ruling Naga People's Front (NPF) Legislature Party.
a) Shurhozelie Liezitsu
b) TR Zeliang
c) Neiphiu Rio
d) Lal Thanhawla
11. Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang resigned as Chief Minister of the state in February 2017. Name the party to which he belongs.
a) Indian National Congress
b) Kohima Democratic Front
c) Bharatiya Janata Party
d) Naga People's Front
12. Name the 39th Chief Justice of India who passed away recently.
a) Altamas Kabir
b) M. Patanjali Sastri
c) Mehr Chand Mahajan
d) Bijan Kumar Mukherjea
13. The Tourism Department of which state recently prepared a Tirath Darshan scheme under which senior citizens above 60 years of age would be able to visit various religious places?
b) Uttar Pradesh
14. Who won the 2017 Rotterdam Open?
a) Novak Djokovic
b) David Goffin
c) Martin Klizan
d) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
15. Barren Island, India's only live volcano, is located in which of the following states/UTs?
b) Daman and Diu
c) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
d) None of the above
1. (c) Preventing conflict and sustaining peace through decent work
2. (b) GSLV MkIII
4. (a) Kochi
5. (c) Maharashtra
6. (a) Rwanda
7. (d) Pakistan
8. (c) Andhra Pradesh
9. (a) Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram
10. (a) Shurhozelie Liezitsu
11. (d) Naga People's Front
12. (a) Altamas Kabir
13. (a) Haryana
14. (d) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
15. (c) Andaman and Nicobar Islands