20 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar, oil discovery in the west of prime Mumbai High fields in the Arabian Sea and International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2017 among others.
1. India’s Zero Hunger Programme through interventions in form sector will be launched in three districts of India in October 2017. Which of the following is not part of the three districts where the programme will be launched?
a) Ranchi, Jharkhand
b) Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh
c) Koraput, Odisha
d) Thane, Maharashtra
2. The Union Government has launched a mobile application for retiring central government employees. Consider the statements in regard to the application.
I. The app will help the retiring government employees to monitor the progress of their pension settlement cases.
II. The app will also allow the retired employees to assess their superannuation funds and record complaints through the pension calculator.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
3. President of this country in his address at United Nations General Assembly on 19 September 2017 in New York expressed concern over terrorist threats and backed the new US Strategy.
d) South Korea
4. High Court of this state has pulled up the state’s civic body for calling effigy makers “encroachers” of public land, and destroying and confiscating the effigies of demon king Ravan.
a) Uttar Pradesh
5. This country in September 2017 decided to lift its ban on internet calling applications.
a) Saudi Arabia
c) North Korea
6. Which of the following countries will conduct the BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017?
7. Rajnikant Mishra was recently named the new Chief of the Sashastra Seema Bal. He will replace
a) Ranjit Sinha
b) Pranay Sahay
c) U.K. Bansal
d) Archana Ramasundaram
8. Which of the following entities won the Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar for the year 2016-17?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
b) Mumbai Port Trust
d) None of the above
9. Which of the following states recently became the first state in India to set up family welfare district committees?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
10. How many medals are won by India at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games?
11. Name the former Soviet military officer who died in May 2017 and was known as the man who averted possible nuclear war.
a) Stanislav Petrov
b) Karl Schumacher
c) Yury Votintsev
d) James Tin
12. What was the theme of International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2017?
a) Caring for all life under the sun
b) Protection from the Sun
c) Caring beyond the roof
d) None of the above
13. Name the country with which Russia restored airline services for the first time since 2004.
14. Which cricketer was recently recommended for Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Yuvraj Singh
c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
d) Virendar Sehwag
15. Which oil company recently made a significant oil discovery to the west of prime Mumbai High fields in the Arabian Sea?
a) Indian Oil Corporation
b) Oil India Limited
c) Hindustan Petroleum
d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
1. (a) Ranchi, Jharkhand
2. (c) Both I and II
3. (b) Afghanistan
4. (c) Delhi
5. (a) Saudi Arabia
6. (c) India
7. (d) Archana Ramasundaram
8. (a) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
9. (c) Tripura
10. (a) 4
11. (a) Stanislav Petrov
12. (a) Caring for all life under the sun
13. (b) Iraq
14. (c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
15. (d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.