21 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Times 100 Influential People list, Yash Bharti Awards and 2022 Asian Games in China among others.
1. Which Indian made it to the Times 100 Influential People list of 2017?
a) Mukesh Ambani
b) Anil Ambani
c) Narendra Modi
d) Kapil Sharma
2. Which airline became the world’s first airline to adopt new satellite-based airplane tracking system?
a) Malaysia Airlines
b) Japan Airlines
c) Singapore Airlines
d) Asiana Airlines
3. A set of four rare stamps, featuring the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi was auctioned in UK at highest price ever paid for Indian stamps. These stamps were sold at what price?
a) 1 lakh pounds
b) 3 lakh pounds
c) 5 lakh pounds
d) 7 lakh pounds
4. Which report was published by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to highlight that nearly 30% of World Heritage Sites are plagued by poaching, illegal logging and fishing?
a) Save the Heritage
b) Heritage Species
c) Heritage Action
d) Not For Sale
5. Which country’s former president has been disqualified from running in the upcoming presidential elections?
6. The high court judges of which state have decided to give up the red beacon lights much before the set deadline?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Uttar Pradesh
7. Dr Bhakti Yadav, popularly known as Doctor Didi, was recently presented with Padma Shri award at her residence to recognise her service to the poor. Which state does she belong to?
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
8. Which state government is planning to set up “Book Banks” in schools to provide old books to needy students?
c) Uttar Pradesh
9. Name the state whose Chief Minister ordered a review of the prestigious Yash Bharti Awards that were started by the previous government.
b) Uttar Pradesh
10. Parliament of this country in April 2017 decided to transfer the control of royal agencies from the government to the new King Maha Vajiralongkorn.
c) North Korea
d) United Arab Emirates
11. The Supreme Court (SC) in April 2017 set a benchmark for maintenance to be paid by a husband to his estranged wife. What is the percent of Alimony that should be paid to the estranged wife?
a) 15 percent
b) 25 per cent
c) 35 per cent
d) 40 per cent
12. Which Food delivery and home services app was launched by Google for Indian market?
13. Which country’s president has won the Time Magazine's Most Influential Person poll?
b) The United States of America
14. Which country is going to launch its first cargo spacecraft into space?
15. Which of the following Asian Games will feature esports as a medal event, according to Olympic Council of Asia?
a) 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia
b) 2022 Asian Games in China
c) 2026 Asian Games in Japan
d) 2030 Asian Games in South Korea
1. (c) Narendra Modi
2. (a) Malaysia Airlines
3. (c) lakh pounds
4. (d) Not For Sale
5. (b) Iran
6. (a) Delhi
7. (c) Madhya Pradesh
8. (a) Punjab
9. (b) Uttar Pradesh
11.(b) 25 per cent
15.(b) 2022 Asian Games in China
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.