21 December 2016, Jagranjosh.com brings daily updated quizzes for its reader. These quizzes will help the aspirant of different competitive exams to keep themselves updates. The day’s quizzes cover topics like India’s position in the Global Wind Power Installed Capacity Index and Majuli Island among others.
1. As per a Union Cabinet decision, the Indian Enterprise Development Services will be created in the Ministry of
a) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
b) Human Resources Development
c) Commerce and Industry
d) Heavy Industries
2. Which Queen’s last letter to India has been put up on display at an Indian Museum?
b) Elizabeth II
c) Margrethe II
3. Which reigning monarch has decided to step down as the patron of some of the charity organisations by the end of 2016?
a) King Philippe
b) Queen Margrethe II
c) Queen Elizabeth II
d) Emperor Akihito
4. Which telecom company has paired up with SBI to launch a mobile app in Assam to facilitate cashless transactions?
c) Vodafone India
d) Reliance Jio
5. India’s first cashless bazaar recently came up in which of the following states?
6. Which of the following was recently named by Merriam-Webster as Word of the Year 2016?
a) Post Truth
7. The International Boxing Association recently granted full membership to the Boxing Federation of India. Who is the President of Boxing Federation of India?
a) Vijay Singh
b) Lokesh Thakur
c) Ajay Singh
d) None of the above
8. The Global Wind Power Installed Capacity Index was recently topped by which of the following countries?
9. Who was recently appointed as the CEO of Noida Authority?
a) Deepak Agarwal
b) P K Agarwal
c) Rama Raman
d) None of the above
10. Name the state whose Chief Minister announced that a separate Ministry will be created for Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
b) Tamil Nadu
11. For the first time in nearly 150 years, India's economy surpassed the economy of this country.
a) The United Kingdom
d) South Korea
12. Legendary Hollywood actress Zsa Zsa Gabor passed away recently at the age of 99. Which among the following was her debut film?
a) Lovely to Look At
b) We're Not Married
d) Moulin Rouge
13. It is with this country India signed 6 agreements to boost bilateral cooperation.
b) South Korea
14. Union Government announced Rs 207 crore for development of Majuli Island. The island is located in
a) Andhra Pradesh
15. Union Government notified Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2016 to replace the
a) Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2008
b) Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2009
c) Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2010
d) Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2011
1. (a) Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2. (a) Victoria
3. (c) Queen Elizabeth II
4. (b) BSNL
5. (a) Chhattisgarh
6. (d) Surreal
7. (c) Ajay Singh
8. (b) China
9. (a) Deepak Agarwal
10. (c) Maharashtra
11. (a) The United Kingdom
12. (a) Lovely to Look At
13. (c) Kyrgyzstan
14. (c) Assam
15. (c) Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2010