21 February 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like three agreements signed between India-Rwanda, International Mother Language Day and Women’s World Women's Chess Championship 2017 among others.
1. What was the theme for the International Mother Language Day that was observed across the world on 21 February 2017?
a) Inclusive Education through and with Language - Language Matters
b) Quality education, language(s) of instruction and learning outcomes
c) Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual Education
d) Local languages for Global Citizenship: Spotlight on Science
2. Name the resource kit that was launched by the union health ministry as part of the Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK) program for adolescents.
d) None of the above
3. Reserve Bank has enhanced the cash withdrawal limit from Savings Bank Account to
a) Rs 24000
b) Rs 30000
c) Rs 44000
d) Rs 50000
4. It is with this county India agreed to extend the agreement on reducing the risk of accidents relating to nuclear weapons for five years.
c) Sri Lanka
5. The Union Ministries of Social Justice and Empowerment and Textiles signed a tripartite agreement with this agency for the development of artisans.
a) National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation
b) National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation
c) National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation
d) National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation
6. This public sector bank launched five new products to mark its 75th foundation day recently.
a) Punjab National Bank
b) Allahabad Bank
c) Oriental Bank of Commerce
d) State Bank of India
7. The Women’s World Women's Chess Championship 2017 is being held in
d) New Delhi
8. Which state recently passed the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2017?
c) Madhya Pradesh
9. Scientists recently claimed to discover a new continent named Zealandia. How much portion of it is submerged beneath Pacific Ocean?
a) 93 percent
b) 98 percent
c) 94 percent
d) 84 percent
10. Which of the following US Presidents topped the Presidential Historians Survey 2017?
a) Barack Obama
b) Abraham Lincoln
c) George Washington
d) Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. Who of the following recently took over as the Chairman of the Tata Sons and Tata Consultancy Services?
a) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
b) Ishaat Hussain
c) Rajesh Gopinathan
d) None of the above
12. Name the Rajkumar Rao starrer film that won Art Cinema honour at 67th Berlin Film Festival
a) City Lights
13. Name the state that in third week of February 2017 announced a financial package of Rs 2247 crore for farmers who have lost their crops due to drought.
b) Tamil Nadu
14. Name the Pakistani all-rounder who recently announced his retirement from international cricket.
a) Ahmed Shehzad
b) Shahid Afridi
c) Saeed Anwar
15. India-Rwanda on 20 February 2017 signed three agreements including innovation and aviation. Consider the following statements in context to the agreements
I. The agreements were inked during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Rwanda.
II. The two nations agreed to establish a bilateral air service between them.
III. India will establish an Entrepreneurship Development Centre in Rwanda.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I and II
b) Only I and III
c) Only II and III
d) I, II and III
1. (c) Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual Education
2. (b) Saathiya
3. (d) Rs 50000
5. (a) National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation
6. (c) Oriental Bank of Commerce
7. (a) Tehran
8. (d) Gujarat
9. (d) 94 percent
10. (b) Abraham Lincoln
11. (a) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
12. (c) Newton
13. (b) Tamil Nadu
14. (b) Shahid Afridi
15. (c) Only II and III