Current Affairs Quiz: 21 January 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Second Gentleman of the United States, Vaccine Maitri Initiative and Syrian conflict among others.
21 January 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Second Gentleman of the United States, Vaccine Maitri Initiative and Syrian conflict among others.
1. India is ready to play a constructive and meaningful role to end the conflict in which among the following countries?
2. Who has become the first Second Gentleman of the United States?
a) Doung Emhoff
b) Mike Pence
c) Donald Trump
d) None of the above
3. Which state government has granted COVID-19 relief aid worth Rs 10,000 each to 407 labourers?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
4. Which state assembly has rejected the resolution to remove Speaker?
5. Which nation has decided to sanction 28 American officials including former State Secretary Michael Pompeo?
a) North Korea
6. Who among the following has decided to retire from franchise cricket?
a) Chris Gayle
b) Lasith Malinga
c) Aaron Finch
d) Faf Du Plessis
7. Which among the following states does not celebrate its statehood day on January 21?
8. India has sent 1 million doses of COVID vaccine as a gift to which nation under the 'Vaccine Maitri' Initiative?
1. (b) Syria
India said on January 20, 2021 that it is ready to play a "constructive and meaningful" role in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) towards completely ending the Syrian conflict.
2. (a) Doung Emhoff
Kamala Harris created history on January 20, 2021 by becoming the first female, African-American and Asian-American to be sworn in as Vice President of the United States. Her husband Doung Emhoff has also become the first-ever 'second gentlemen' of the United States.
3. (a) Delhi
The Delhi Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board on January 20, 2021 granted COVID-19 relief disbursement worth Rs 10,000 each to 407 construction workers out of a total of 39,600 workers under the directions of Deputy Chief Minister and State Labour Minister Manish Sisodia.
4. (c) Kerala
Kerala Assembly rejected a resolution to remove Speaker P Sreeramakrishnan on January 21, 2021, prompting a walkout from the Opposition United Democratic Front (UDF). The resolution was moved by UDF MLA M Ummer.
5. (b) China
The Chinese government has announced that it has decided to sanction 28 American officials of the former Trump administration which includes former State Secretary Michael Pompeo for violating Beijing’s sovereignty.
6. (b) Lasith Malinga
Sri Lankan bowling legend, Lasith Malinga has decided to retire from franchise cricket. He was a part of the Mumbai Indians franchise in the Indian Premier League. The speedster had informed his decision to the Mumbai Indians management earlier this month, making himself unavailable for the champion side's retention wish list.
7. (a) Nagaland
Meghalaya, Manipur & Tripura celebrate their statehood day on January 21st. On the special occasion, the President, Vice President and Prime Minister greeted the people of the states. President Ram Nath Kovind in his message praised the immense natural beauty, rich history and vibrant culture of the states.
8. (d) Nepal
India has sent 1 million doses of a COVID vaccine to Nepal as a gift under the 'Vaccine Maitri' Initiative. Nepal health minister Hridayesh Tripathi said that the vaccines gifted by India will be administered to health workers and other front-line personnel within 7-10 days.