Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like state of emergency in a country, bill for transgenders and oldest litigant of the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri title suit among others.
1. CCEA on 20 July 2016 approved construction of a new dry dock within which of the following shipyard?
2. Name the country that 20 July 2016 declared a three-month state of emergency in the country.
d) North Korea
3. India on 20 July 2016 signed the Air Services Agreement for the first time with which country?
4. Which Bill was passed by the Union Cabinet in July 2016 to evolve a mechanism for social, economic and educational empowerment of the transgenders?
a) Transgender Rights Bill, 2016
b) Bill to protect Transgenders Right, 2016
c) Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016
d) Protection for Transgenders in public places Bill, 2016
5. Name the oldest and last litigant of the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri title suit, who died due to heart-related complications in the temple city of Ayodhya.
a) Mohammad Farooq
b) Ashhad Rashidi
c) Hashim Ansari
d) Mufti Hasbullah
6. Union Cabinet approved the incorporation of Sagarmala Development Company (SDC) under the Companies Act of which year?
7. IMF in its revised global economic growth forecast for 2017 lowered world economy growth by what percentage point?
a) 0.1 percentage point
b) 0.2 percentage point
c) 0.9 percentage point
d) 1 percentage point
8. Which state/UT introduced an online payment system for licensing and registration of food business operators in the national capital?
9. Name the state that convened a special session of the Assembly for passing the State Appropriation Bill.
b) Arunachal Pradesh
10. Name the state that has decided to consider coffee plantation in 50 thousand hectares of land in the State by 2030.
c) Tamil Nadu
11. Which of the following state started updation of its National Population Registration (NPR)?
c) Tamil Nadu
12. Who of the following is the author of book, The Great Derangement: Climate Change and the Unthinkable?
a) Amitav Ghosh
b) Vikram Seth
c) Amish Tripathi
d) Amit Chaudhuri
13. NITI Aayog signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with which organisation to start the Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) initiative as a part of its flagship programme Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
a) Tech Mahindra
b) Intel India
d) Tata Consultancy Services
14. The Election Commission of India recently launched NERP 2016 programme across the country. What is the full form of NERP?
a) National Electoral Roll Purification
b) Nationwide Electoral Roll Purification
c) Nation Electoral Roll Purification
d) Nationalised Electoral Roll Purification
15. What is the motto of the Election Commission of India for the year 2016?
a) Voter keeps the nation united
b) No voter to be left behind
c) Vote for united India
d) None of the above
1. (b) Cochin
2. (a) Turkey
3. (b) Mozambique
4. (c)Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2016
5. (c) Hashim Ansari
6. (c) 2013
7. (a) 0.1 percentage point
8. (a) Delhi
9. (a) Uttarakhand
10. (d) Nagaland
11. (d) Nagaland
12. (a) Amitav Ghosh
13. (b) Intel India
14. (a) National Electoral Roll Purification
15. (b) No voter to be left behind
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.