Jagranjosh.com brings for its readers daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Taiwan Open Athletics Championships, International Museum Day and PEHAL vision document among others.
1. Which State government has proposed to the Centre for amending the NDRF norms for heat wave victims?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
2. Which Indian athlete bagged his/her second gold by winning the women's 200 metres race at the Taiwan Open Athletics Championships?
a) Anil Kumar Prakash
b) Dutee Chand
c) Shiny Abraham
d) Tintu Lukka
3. Market regulator tightened the norm for this category of instrument to check money laundering?
a) Forward Contracts
b) Future Contracts
c) Participatory Notes
4. A joint working group of Odisha recommended setting up Electric Locomotive Periodic Overhaul (ELPO) workshop in which district of the state?
5. Which Emmy award-winning English-born actor died at the age of 96 recently?
a) Morley Safer
b) John Madden
c) Alan Young
d) Sally Field
6. International Museum Day was observed on 18 May 2016 with the theme
a) Museums and Cultural Landscapes
b) Museums for a Sustainable Society
c) Museum collections make connections
d) Museums (memory + creativity = social change)
7. Who is the author of two books - My Favourite Nature Stories and The World Outside My Window that were released on 19 May 2016?
a) Arundhati Roy
b) Jhumpa Lahiri
c) Ruskin Bond
d) Arvind Adiga
8. Who was elected as the Chief Minister of Kerala by the Left Democratic Front that secured majority in the Assembly elections?
a) V S Achuthanandan
b) Oomen Chandy
c) Pinarayi Vijayan
d) AK Antony
9. Which State Government released PEHAL, a vision document for raising education standards?
b) Himachal Pradesh
10. Union Government on 20 May 2016 launched an indigenously developed affordable faecal incontinence management system. It is called as
11. A team of scientists successfully tested hypersonic superjet technology HIFiRE in the world's largest land-based testing range in Woomera. The test range is located in
c) New Zealand
12. As per the Global Environment Outlook (GEO-6): Regional Assessments released by the UN, this many million Indians will be at risk from rising sea levels by 2050.
a) 10 million
b) 20 million
c) 30 million
d) 40 million
13. The US House of Representatives approved a legislation to upgrade defence ties with this country on par with its NATO allies.
14. India’s women’s badminton team secured bronze medal in the 2016 Uber Cup. Against this backdrop, identify the country that hosted the tournament.
a) South Korea
15. Turrialba volcano which erupted recently is in which of the following nations?
b) Costa Rica
1. (b) Maharashtra
2. (b) Dutte Chand
3. (c) Participatory Notes
4. (d) Kalahandi
5. (c) Alan Young
6. (a) Museums and Cultural Landscapes
7. (c) Ruskin Bond
8. (c) Pinarayi Vijayan
9. (b) Himachal Pradesh
10. (a) Qora
11. (b) Australia
12. (d) 40 million
13. (c) India
14. (c) China
15. (b) Costa Rica
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.