21 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Food India 2017, quiz competition on environment - ‘Prakriti Khoj’ and 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games among others.
1. India will be hosting World Food India 2017 between 3 November and 5 November 2017 in this city.
c) New Delhi
2. India will be hosting World Food India 2017 in November 2017. Who will be acting as the brand ambassador of the global food fair?
a) Harpal Singh Sokhi
b) Ranveer Brar
c) Sanjeev Kapoor
d) Tarla Dalal
3. The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change will hold a quiz on environment - ‘Prakriti Khoj’ throughout the country. The quiz programme will be held for paying tribute to this personality.
a) Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
b) Mansukhlal Raghavjibhai Prajapati
c) Chewang Norphel
d) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
4. India on 20 September 2017 added one gold and two bronze medals to their kitty on the fifth day of the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games. The 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games is being held at.
a) Tehran in Iran
b) Ashgabat in Turkmenistan
c) Tashkent in Uzbekistan
d) Riyadh in Saudi Arabia
5. Union Government has projected that the strategic Chabahar Port in Iran will be operational by the end of this year.
6. The US and UAE's Armies recently began joint military exercise in Abu Dhabi. What is the name of their joint military exercise?
a) Iron Union 5
b) SIMBEX V
7. Who was recently conferred with the President's Medal for meritorious service?
a) Lakshmi Biswas
b) D Roopa
c) Anupama Shenoy
d) Sarla Bhatt
8. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu released a Commemorative Coin to commemorate which personality?
a) T Radhakrishnan
b) Chidambaram Subramaniam
c) M.S. Subbulakshmi
d) CNR Rao
9. When is the International Day of Peace observed every year?
a) 20 September
b) 21 September
c) 22 September
d) 23 September
10. What was the theme of International Day of Peace 2017?
a) Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All
b) Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace
c) Partnerships for Peace – Dignity for All
d) Right of Peoples to Peace
11. The Supreme Court on 20 September 2017 directed this embattled real estate firm to pay Rs. 80000 each as compensation to 39 home buyers towards litigation cost and causing harassment to them.
a) Unitech Residential Resorts Ltd
b) Jaypee Infratech
c) Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd
d) None of the above
12. Chabahar Port, which is strategic for all three nations-India, Iran and Afghanistan, will be made operational by 2018 end in which nation?
13. Which among the following cricket teams has not directly qualified for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019?
d) West Indies
14. Which state has become the first one in India to set up family welfare committees?
15. What is the newly revised cost norm that has been approved by the Union Cabinet for the severely malnourished children?
a) Rs 8
b) Rs 12
c) Rs 9.50
d) Rs 16
1. (c) New Delhi
2. (c) Sanjeev Kapoor
3. (a) Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya
4. (b) Ashgabat in Turkmenistan
5. (b) 2018
6. (a) Iron Union 5
7. (b) D Roopa
8. (c) M.S. Subbulakshmi
9. (b) 21 September
10. (a) Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All
11. (a) Unitech Residential Resorts Ltd
12. (d) Iran
13. (d) West Indies
14. (c) Tripura
15. (b) Rs 12
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.