Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Wukong satellite, National Mathematics Day and Anwesha scheme among others.
1. Which country on 17 December 2015 launched the Wukong satellite to seek evidence of dark matter decay?
c) South Korea
d) North Korea
2. On which of the following day the National Mathematics Day was observed across the country to commemorate the birth anniversary of great Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan?
a) 20 December
b) 21 December
c) 22 December
d) 23 December
3. Which hyperlocal grocery delivery startup on 21 December 2015 was acquired by on-demand grocery service PepperTap?
4. UDigital’s digital media brand Arre on 21 December 2015 announced the acquisition of which video delivery company?
a) Harmonic Inc.
b) Cine Dream
c) Anupama Technologies
d) Apalya Technologies
5. Cow on 21 December 2015 was named as the Personality of the Year for India by which search engine giant?
6. Which state government on 21 December 2015 launched Anwesha scheme to provide free education to SC/ST students?
d) Madhya Pradesh
7. Which shipyard on 21 December 2015 became the first licensed Indian shipyard to make LNG Ships?
a) Cochin Shipyard Limited
b) Mazagon Dock Limited-Mumbai
c) Goa Shipyard Limited
d) Hindustan Shipyard Limited- Visakhapatnam
8. Scientist at James Cook University, Australia re-discovered two species of sea snake also known as short-nosed sea snake and leaf-scaled sea snakes. Their scientific name are
a) Gymnothorax mishrai & Aipysurus foliosquama
b) Haplogenys bengalensis & Aipysurus foliosquama
c) Aipysurus foliosquama & Aipysurus apraefrontalis
d) Aipysurus apraefrontalis & Haplogenys bengalensis
9. Scientists of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) discovered a new species of eel along the coast of Digha in West Bengal’s Purba Medinipur district. Its scientific name is
a) Gymnothorax mishrai
b) Haplogenys bengalensis
c) Aipysurus apraefrontalis
d) Aipysurus apraefrontalis
10. Identify the famous conductor renowned for serving as the music director of the New York Philharmonic who died on 19 December 2015 due to Parkinson’s disease.
a) Kurt Masur
b) Thomas Beecham
c) Claudio Abbado
d) Lorin Maazel
11. In which area of Gujarat the three-day long 50th Annual Conference of DGs/IGs of Police of States and UTs and Heads of Central Police Organisations concluded on 20 December 2015?
a) Rann of Kutch
12. Vice President Mohd. Hamid Ansari on 21 December 2015 released a Coffee Table Book on the political journey of a political leader at a function in New Delhi. The book is related to whom of the following?
a) Sitaram Yechury
b) L K Advani
c) Sharad Yadav
d) Nitish Kumar
13. Which club on 20 December 2015 won the 2015 FIFA Club World Cup title?
a) River Plate (Argentina)
b) Barcelona (Spain)
c) Bayern Munich (Germany)
d) Manchester United (the UK)
14. Which country on 20 December 2015 held the national level beauty pageant after a gap of over four decades?
c) Saudi Arabia
15. Union Ministry of Human Resource Development and UNSECO on the occasion of National Mathematics agreed to hold a Conference on the “Zero” at
a) Paris and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
b) Paris and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
c) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
d) UNESCO headquarters, Paris
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(c)
3-(a) 8-(d) 13-(b)
4-(d) 9-(a) 14-(d)
5-(c) 10-(a) 15-(a)