23 February 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Sahitya Akademi Awards 2016, IMF on India’s GDP in FY 2016-17 and survey on Not of Standard Quality (NSQ) drugs in India among others.
1. Sahitya Akademi Awards 2016 were conferred on twenty-four writers. Who of the following was conferred with this award for his outstanding works of literary merit in the field of poetry?
a) Jerry Pinto
b) Nizam Siddiqui
c) Bulaki Sharma
d) Jnan Pujari
2. As per the International Monetary Fund (IMF), India’s GDP in FY 2016-17 will grow by
a) 6.5 per cent
b) 6.6 per cent
c) 6.7 per cent
d) 6.8 per cent
3. As per a survey conducted by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the percentage of ‘Not of Standard Quality’ (NSQ) drugs in India is
a) 3.16 per cent
b) 4.16 per cent
c) 5.16 per cent
d) 6.16 per cent
4. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing a bilateral MoU in civil aviation sector with this country.
5. It is in this station Union Minister of Railways dedicated the Antyodaya Express service to the nation.
a) Delhi Safdarjung Station
b) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai
c) Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
d) Dudhsagar, Goa
6. The Chief Secretary of this State issued a shoot-at-sight order to curb poaching in Corbett Tiger Reserve.
b) Himachal Pradesh
7. The Digital Payments 2020 report said that digital payment industry in India is expected to reach USD 500 billion by 2020. The report was published by which of the following institution/s?
a) World Bank
b) Google and World Bank
c) United Nations Economic and Social Council
d) Google and Boston Consulting Group
8. With this country India in February 2017 agreed to cooperate in the fields of space programme, peaceful use of atomic energy and vocational training
9. Name the state that imposed restrictions on the number of guests at weddings and other functions by releasing a guest control order.
c) Jammu and Kashmir
10. Which state is soon going to become the third power-surplus state in north-east India?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
11. Who of the following was appointed as the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal in February 2017?
a) Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre
b) Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
c) Justice NP Singh
d) Justice Madan Bhimarao Lokur
12. Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), the retirement body of India has introduced single page composite claim form. Consider the following statements in context to the form.
I. Subscribers can withdraw money from their PF account without any attestation from employers.
II. The facility is available for subscribers whose Aadhaar number and bank account details are seeded with their Universal Account Number (UAN).
III. The EPFO has also done away with the practice of filing utilisation certificates for advances taken from their PF accounts.
Which of the above statements is correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Only I and II
d) I, II and III
13. Sports Minister Vijay Goel today announced that 1st Gramin Khel Mahotsav will be held from 25 March to 31 March 2017 in
d) New Delhi
14. Students suffering from this disease will be allowed to take snacks during Class 10th and 12th board examinations conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
a) Type-I diabetes
b) Type-II diabetes
c) Bipolar disorder
d) None of the above
15. Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella on 22 February 2017 launched "Project Sangam" in India. The project aims to help the Indian government in which area?
I. To train people to get jobs
II. To help people get jobs through a professional networking website
III. To employ and empower low-skilled workers
IV. To give career counselling
Which of the above statements is correct?
a) Only I and II
b) I, II and III
c) I, II, III and IV
d) Only I and IV
1. (d) Jnan Pujari
2. (b) 6.6 per cent
3. (a) 3.16 per cent
4. (b) Australia
5. (a) Delhi Safdarjung Station
6. (a) Uttarkhand
7. (d) Google and Boston Consulting Group
8. (b) Uganda
9. (c) Jammu and Kashmir
10. (b) Mizoram
11. (a) Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre
12. (d) I, II and III
13. (d) New Delhi
14. (a) Type-I diabetes
15. (b) I, II and III
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.