Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Earth’s warmest year, Nuclear Security Index and New director of Greenpeace India among others.
1. In which city the 4th India Africa Hydrocarbon Conference was inaugurated on 21 January 2016?
b) New Delhi
2. Which year was declared as the Earth’s warmest year since 1880 by the NOAA & NASA on 20 January 2016?
3. As per a joint study by the NOAA & NASA, what was the average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces, in 2015, above the 20th century average?
4. With which sports body Infinity Optimal Solutions on 21 January 2016 signed a 2-year marketing deal?
a) Indian Olympic Association
b) Indian Hockey Association
c) Board of Control for Cricket in India
d) Indian Boxing Council
5. Which stock exchange on 18 January 2016 launched Algorithm Trading Test Environment in partnership with Symphony Fintech Solutions?
a) National Stock Exchange of India
b) Bombay Stock Exchange
c) Ahmedabad Stock Exchange
d) Hyderabad Stock Exchange
6. With which agency the National Remote Sensing Centre on 21 January 2016 signed a MoU for monitoring mining activity using satellites?
a) National Mineral Development Corporation
b) Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited
c) Indian Bureau of Mines
d) Bharat Aluminium Company
7. Which country was on 14 January 2016 adjudged as the safest in terms of nuclear safety by the NTI in its Nuclear Security Index 2016?
8. As per the NTI 2016 Nuclear Security Index, what was India’s rank in terms of nuclear safety among the 24 states with one kilogram or more of weapons-usable nuclear materials in the world?
9. The International Cricket Council on 20 January 2016 announced a four-year deal with which tyre company as a Global Partner for ICC events from 2016-20?
a) MRF Tyres
c) Apollo Tyres
10. A new genus, named Frankixalus, was discovered by a group of scientists in the jungles of north-eastern India. The genus relates to which species?
11. Name the veteran Italian film director who passed away on 19 January 2016 and was known for his most acclaimed film A Special Day.
a) Ettore Scola
b) Marcello Mastroianni
c) Fanny Ardant
d) Jack Lemmon
12. The Union Government on 20 January 2016 granted Infrastructure Status to which industry?
a) Textile Industry
b) Furniture Industry
c) Aircraft Industry
d) Shipyard Industry
13. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on 20 January 2016 approved development of the six laning of National Highway-2 in which two states?
a) Delhi and Haryana
b) Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh
c) Bihar and Jharkhand
d) Uttar Pradesh and Bihar
14. Who took charge as the Executive Director of Greenpeace India on 20 January 2016?
a) Samit Aich
b) Divya khosla
c) Ravi Chellam
d) Sangeeta Ravi
15. The Union Government on 20 January 2016 signed the Financing Agreement with which financial institution for Bihar Kosi Basin Development Project.
a) International Monetary Fund
b) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
c) World Bank
d) International Bank for Reconstruction
1-(b) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(d) 7-(a) 12-(d)
3-(d) 8-(d) 13-(c)
4-(a) 9-(a) 14-(c)
5-(b) 10-(b) 15-(c)