23 March 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 2016 Human Development Report, UNESCO World Heritage Sites and VIKALP Scheme of Indian Railways.
1. Which of the following Indian cities were included in the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
a) I, II and III
b) II, III and IV
c) I, III and V
d) All of them
2. The expanded VIKALP Scheme will be available to railway passengers from
a) 1 April 2017
b) 1 May 2017
c) 1 June 2017
d) 1 July 2017
3. As per an announcement by the Union Government, India’s nuclear power generation capacity will be tripled by
4. The Union Cabinet recently approved an MoU signed in the field of Cyber Security. The MoU was signed with which of the following countries?
a) The United States of America
5. Which of the following countries is hosting the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games?
a) United Kingdom
6. Which country topped the World Happiness report 2017?
7. Which among these SAARC nations did not figure in the World Happiness Report 2017?
8. This regiment of Indian Army celebrated 200-years of their regiment in March 2017.
a) Ninth Gorkhas
b) Madras Regiment
c) The Garhwal Rifles
d) Naga Regiment
9. What was the theme of World Meteorological Day 2017?
a) Climate Change
b) Disaster Risk Management
c) Understanding Clouds
d) Our future climate
10. Who was appointed as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of International Cricket Council (ICC)?
a) Ankur Khanna
b) Nithiin Reddy
c) Rekha Bhardwaj
d) Vishal Krishna
11. In which part of India, the 5th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2017 was organised?
a) South India
b) North India
c) Northeast India
d) Western India
12. ISRO commissioned world’s third-largest hypersonic wind tunnel in the capital of which state?
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
13. The recent terror attack happened outside the parliament of which country?
d) United Kingdom
14. Which country’s coastal sea level hit record high in 2016?
15. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on 21 March 2017 released the 2016 Human Development Report (HDR).
I. Among the 188 countries ranked in terms of human development, India stood at 131.
II. Only two SAARC nations rank above India in the list, Sri Lanka (73) and Pakistan (105).
III. The top three countries in the list include Norway at rank 1, followed by Australia and Denmark.
IV. The report found that life expectancy in India has improved by 10.4 years between 1990 and 2015.
Which of the above statements is/are correct in relation to the HDR report?
a) Only I
b) I, II and III
c) Only I and IV
d) All of the above
1. (d) All of them
2. (a) 1 April 2017
4. (a) The United States of America
5. (d) Austria
6. (a) Norway
7. (d) Maldives
8. (a) Ninth Gorkhas
9. (c) Understanding Clouds
10. (a) Ankur Khanna
11. (c) Northeast India
12. (a) Kerala
13. (d) United Kingdom
14. (c) China
15. (c) Only I and IV
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.