24 April 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Monte Carlo Masters Men’s Doubles title, P C Chandra Puraskaar 2017 and UNESCO World Book Capital 2018 among others.
1. Who won the Monte Carlo Masters Men’s Doubles title?
a) Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut
b) Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
c) Julien Benneteau and Nenad Zimonjić
d) Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas
2. Who won the Monte Carlo Masters Men’s Singles title?
a) Roger Federer
b) Rafael Nadal
c) Albert Ramos-Vinolas
d) None of the above
3. Who of the following was recently honoured with the P C Chandra Puraskaar 2017?
a) Kailash Satyarthi
b) Phalguni Vittal Rao
c) Sridhar Reddy
d) Sindhutai Sapkal
4. What is the theme of the 2017 International Mother Earth Day?
a) Trees for the Earth
b) It's Our Turn to Lead
c) Green Cities
d) Environmental & Climate Literacy
5. Who won the UNESCO’s Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize?
a) Giuseppe Bottai
b) Giuseppina Nicolini
c) Alfredo Siniscalchi
d) Francesco Camero Medici
6. Which city was designated as UNESCO World Book Capital 2018?
7. Which All India Radio (AIR) station was honoured with the prestigious ‘Lelte Award’?
a) AIR Rohtak
b) AIR Delhi
c) AIR Aizawl
d) AIR Chennai
8. When the Earth Day is celebrated every year?
a) 19 April
b) 20 April
c) 21 April
d) 22 April
9. This institute has decided to launch the first ever Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Marathi Journalism from its Western Regional Campus.
a) Indian Institute of Mass Communication
b) Asian College of Journalism
c) Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
d) None of the above
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has written to President of this country and reaffirmed India's steadfast support to the country in its fight against all forms of terrorism.
11. Which of the following Indian Navy Ships is currently undertaking a hydrographic survey of Weligama Bay along with Sri Lankan Navy?
a) INS Darshak
b) INS Arihant
c) INS Rajput
d) INS Shardul
12. Google Doodle on 24 April 2017 paid tribute to which legendary cultural icon in India?
b) Om Puri
c) Suchitra Sen
d) Raj Kapoor
13. The function commemorating National Panchayati Raj Diwas was held in which Indian city?
14. India’s first-ever “village of books” will open in which state to promote tourism?
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
15. Which city has been designated UNESCO World Book Capital 2018?
c) Port Harcourt
1. (d) Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas
2. (b) Rafael Nadal
3. (a) Kailash Satyarthi
4. (d) Environmental & Climate Literacy
5. (b) Giuseppina Nicolini
6. (a) Athens
7. (c) AIR Aizawl
8. (d) 22 April
9. (a) Indian Institute of Mass Communication
11.(a) INS Darshak
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.