Current Affairs Quiz: 24 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as the 6th Qatar International Cup, Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the decade and Jharkhand Assembly Polls 2019 among others.
24 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as the 6th Qatar International Cup, Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the decade and Jharkhand Assembly Polls 2019 among others.
1. Who won gold in the women’s 49kg weightlifting category at the 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha?
a) Punam Yadav
b) Santoshi Matsa
c) Geeta Rani
d) Mirabai Chanu
2. What is the name of common currency recently announced by western Africa?
3. Which female weightlifter won a bronze medal and created two national records in the Qatar International Cup?
a) Karnam Malleshwari
b) Heena Khan
c) Jigisha Patel
d) Rakhi Halder
4. Who among the following won the Presidential elections in Afghanistan?
a) Abdullah Abdullah
b) Mohammad Salem
c) Ashraf Gani
d) Maqsood Alam
5. Who among the following has recently been appointed as Foreign Secretary of India?
a) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
b) Anupam Trivedi
c) Vivek Bansal
d) Pawan Chaturvedi
6. Which nation has decided to lower import tariffs on over 850 products including frozen pork from January 2020?
7. Who was named captain of Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the decade?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Virat Kohli
c) AB de Villiers
d) Shakib al Hasan
8. Who was named the captain of Cricket Australia’s test team of the decade?
a) Steve Smith
b) MS Dhoni
c) Kane Williamson
d) Virat Kohli
9. Who will be elected as the leader of JMM-Congress-RJD alliance in Jharkhand?
a) Hemant Soren
b) Babulal Marandi
c) Arjun Munda
d) RPN Singh
10. When will the partial solar eclipse be visible across India?
a) December 26th
b) December 25th
c) December 27th
d) December 28th
1. (d) Mirabai Chanu
Former world champion Saikhom Mirabai Chanu bagged the gold medal in the women's 49kg weightlifting category at the 6th Qatar International Cup in Doha on December 20, 2019.
2. (b) ECO
Eight countries in West Africa have decided to change the name of their common currency to 'Eco'. These countries also decided to leave the current currency 'CFA franc'. Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo in West Africa are currently using this currency.
3. (d) Rakhi Halder
Rakhi Halder is a Commonwealth gold medalist, who has set a national record by performing best in snatch and overall weight. She made this record by lifting a total of 218 kg with 95 kg in snatch and 123 kg in clean and jerk.
4. (c) Ashraf Gani
Presidential election results in Afghanistan have been released. Ashraf Ghani regained the post of President by defeating rival candidate Abdullah Abdullah. Gani received 9,23,868 votes which is 50.64% of total votes.
5. (a) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
Harsh Vardhan Shringla has been appointed as the next Foreign Secretary of India. He will take over from January 29, 2020. Harsh Vardhan will replace Vijay Gokhale.
6. (b) China
China has decided to lower import tariffs on over 850 products including frozen pork from January 2020. The lowered tariffs are expected to help ease the pressure on the country's depleted pork supply.
7. (a) MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni has been named the captain of Cricket Australia's ODI team of the decade. Indian skipper Virat Kohli and opener Rohit Sharma were also named in the ODI team.
8. (d) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli was named the captain of Cricket Australia’s Test team of the decade. The Indian skipper was the sole Indian to feature in CA’s all-time test side of the decade.
9. (a) Hemant Soren
JMM Chief Hemant Soren will be elected as the leader of the JMM-Congress-RJD alliance in Jharkhand. The opposition alliance staged a grand victory in the Jharkhand Assembly polls 2019 by bagging 47 seats in the 81-member state assembly on the result day-December 23, 2019.
10. (a) December 26th
A partial solar eclipse will be visible across India and several other countries on December 26, 2019. This event will be an annular solar eclipse, which happens when the moon covers the sun's centre, leaving the sun's visible outer edges to form a "ring of fire" or annulus - around the moon.