Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Academy’s Scientific and Technical Awards, New bird species Himalayan Forest Thrush and Traveller’s Choice Award among others.
1. Identify the country whose highest Islamic cleric issued fatwa against chess claiming game spreads enmity and hatred.
a) Saudi Arabia
2. What is the name of the ancient dragon that was found in Wales?
a) Dracyulla Pirancsi
b) Zurraayic Dragon
c) Seazoria Dragon
d) Dragon Dinosaur
3. Name the person of Indian origin, who won film Academy’s Scientific and Technical Awards 2016.
a) Rahul Thakkar
b) AR Rehman
c) Bhanu Athaiya
d) Satyajit Ray
4. India will change laws in the Budget 2016-17 to make country-by-country reporting mandatory for Indian multinationals to ensure that tax loopholes are closed and no overall corporate tax is being paid. What does this refers to?
a) Double Tax Avoidance guidelines
b) Base Erosion and Profit Shifting guidelines
c) OECD Tax guidelines
d) Equal Tax Treatment guidelines
5. The Chhattisgarh Government recently signed a share-holding agreement with a few central government-run corporations for the second phase of which railway project?
a) Jagdalpur-Raoghat railway project
b) Dalli-Rajhara–Jagdalpur rail line
c) Dalli-Rajhara–Durg railway project
d) Dalli-Rajhara-Raoghat railway project
6. A new bird species named Himalayan Forest Thrush was discovered in northeastern India. The scientific name of the species is named after which famous ornithologist?
a) Salim Ali
b) Humayun Abdulali
c) Biswamoy Biswas
d) Priya Davidar
7. Which hotel recently bagged the award of the world's best hotel at the Travellers' Choice award organised by TripAdvisor?
a) Shinta Mani Resort, Cambodia
b) Umaid Bhawan Palace, India
c) Hotel Ritta Höppner, Brazil
d) Bellevue Syrene, Italy
8. Who was appointed the chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
a) AK Jain
b) Alpesh Mathur
c) Vinayak Misra
d) Atulesh Jindal
9. The Nai Manzil scheme was on 20 January 2016 launched for the first time in which state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Himachal Pradesh
10. The Indian Space Research Organization on 20 January 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in use of outer space with which organsiation?
a) Kuwait Institute of Scientific Research
b) Bahrain’s National Space Science Agency
c) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency
d) Malaysian National Space Agency
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.