24 June 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar 2017, UNESCO’s Human Living Treasure and United Nations Public Service Award for Asia Pacific among others.
1. What is the theme of the 2017 International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking?
a) Lets Develop — Our Lives — Our Communities — Our Identities — Without Drugs
b) A message of hope: Drug use disorders are preventable and treatable
c) Listen First - Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe
d) None of the above
2. Which of the following schemes of the West Bengal Government won the first prize in United Nations Public Service Award for Asia Pacific?
a) Kanyashree Prakalpa
b) Social Security Yojana
c) Utkarsh Bangla Scheme
d) Khadya Saathi Scheme
3. As per a recent global scientific assessment of climate change impacts on World Heritage coral reefs conducted by UNESCO, the world heritage coral reefs are likely to disappear by which year?
4. Which of the following two nations were recently given the status of test-playing nation by the International Cricket Council?
a) Indian and New Zealand
b) Bangladesh and Zimbabwe
c) Ireland and Afghanistan
d) Ireland and Australia
5. Which of the following states of the United States of America declared emergency due to escalating wildfires?
6. As announced by the Government of India, how much discount will be offered in passport fees to applicants below the age of eight and above 60?
a) 5 per cent
b) 6 per cent
c) 8 per cent
d) 10 per cent
7. Which of the following musicians was recently named by UNESCO as Human Living Treasure?
a) Bob Dylan
b) Paul McCartney
c) Mick Jagger
d) Victor Uwaifo
8. Which party among the opposition has declared its support for BJP candidate Ram Nath Kovind?
9. A Bipartisan bill tabled in US house seeks to revoke which country’s ally status?
10. The International Widows’ Day was observed globally on which day?
a) 23 June
b) 22 June
c) 19 June
d) 20 June
11. Which city is hosting the IFSC Climbing World Cup 2017?
12. Which state’s forest ministry is going to launch a mobile app named ‘My Plant’ on 1 July 2017?
c) West Bengal
13. Which state’s government has made a deal with Ola, under which the cab aggregator will train 10,000 youth in the next 2-years to become micro-entrepreneurs?
c) Uttar Pradesh
14. Writers under this category won maximum awards at the Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar 2017.
a) Short Stories
15. Which country has banned 40 television commercials for rule violations?
1. (c) Listen First - Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe
2. (a) Kanyashree Prakalpa
3. (b) 2100
4. (c) Ireland and Afghanistan
5. (b) Arizona
6. (d) 10 per cent
7. (d) Victor Uwaifo
8. (c) JDU
9. (b) Pakistan
10. (a) 23 June
11. a) Mumbai
12. (b) Maharashtra
13. (b) Maharashtra
14. (c) Poetry
15. (a) China