Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 6th National Voters’ Day, T20 Asia cup cricket for Blind and India-France Business Summit among others.
1. 6th National Voters’ Day (NVD) was observed across the country on 25 January 2016 with theme
a) Ethical Voting
b) Easy Registration, Easy Correction
c) Greater Participation for a Stronger Democracy
d) Inclusive and Qualitative Participation
2. Name the famous Malayali comedy actress who died on 25 January 2016 in Hyderabad.
b) Kalpana Ranjani
d) None of these
3. Which of the following country on 24 January 2016 won the first T20 Asia cup cricket for Blind?
4. Who of the following on 24 January 2016 won the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Gold Badminton title?
a) Chen Long
b) Kirsty Gilmour
c) PV Sindhu
d) Carolina Marin
5. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa on 24 January 2016 won the Presidential election of
6. India and France on 24 January 2016 inked 16 agreements at the India-France Business Summit held at
7. A Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant was commissioned on 24 January 2016 in Hingna village of Mouda Taluka. It is the first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant of which state?
8. Which Indian Oil giant on 24 January 2016 received environmental clearance from the Ministry of Environment and Forests for drilling 45 developed wells in the Krishna Godavari basin?
a) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
c) Reliance Industries Limited
d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
9. Identify the player who on 24 January 2016 won 11Even Sports 2015 ITTF World Junior Circuit Finals in the boys’ category?
a) Jun Mizutani
b) Nobuhiko Hasegawa
c) Izumo Takuto
d) Yoshiko Tanaka
10. Who was declared as the Man of the Series in the five-match ODI series between India and Australia which concluded on 23 January 2016 in Sydney?
a) Kane Richardson
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Glenn Maxwell
d) Manish Pandey
11. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on 23 January 2016 hoisted the largest flag of the country atop the tallest pole in which city?
a) Ranchi, Jharkhand
b) Hyderabad, Telangana
c) Faridabad, Haryana
d) Patna, Bihar
12. The 19th National e-governance Conference was held in Nagpur with the title
a) Transforming India
b) Digital India
c) Empowering India
d) Inclusive India
13. Identify the organisation that won gold award for the use of ICT for Development by Non-Government Institutions category in National e-Governance Awards 2015-16 on 22 January 2016.
a) Western Union
b) IRCTC’s New Next Generation e-Ticketing System
c) Maharashtra Remote Sensing Applications Centre
14. Identify the category in which IRCTC’s New Next Generation e-Ticketing System won gold award in National e-Governance Awards 2015-16 on 22 January 2016.
a) Innovative use of GIS Technology in e-Governance
b) Innovative Use of ICT by Central Government PSUs
c) Use of ICT for Development by Non-Government Institutions
d) Incremental Innovations in existing projects
15. Where did India Railways inaugurated India’s first high speed public Wi-Fi service on 22 January 2016?
a) Chennai Central station
b) Bangalore Central station
c) Mumbai Central station
d) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai
1-(d) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(d) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(d) 13-(d)
4-(c) 9-(c) 14-(b)
5-(a) 10-(b) 15-(c)