Current Affairs Quiz: 26 December 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Wisden’s top five players of the decade, Rohtang Tunnel and Good Governance Index among others.
26 December 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Wisden's top five players of the decade, Rohtang Tunnel and Good Governance Index among others.
1. Which Indian cricketer has been included in Wisden's top five players of the decade list?
a. MS Dhoni
b. Ravindra Jadeja
c. Rohit Sharma
d. Virat Kohli
2. Which Indian cricketer has broken the 22-year-old record of Sri Lankan batsman Sanath Jayasuriya for scoring the most runs in a calendar year?
a. Virat Kohli
b. Rohit Sharma
c. Rishabh Pant
d. MS Dhoni
3. When ‘Good Governance Day’ is observed in India every year?
a. 20 December
b. 12 December
c. 25 December
d. 15 December
4. What is the new name of the Rohtang Tunnel?
a. Atal Tunnel
b. Hindu Tunnel
c. Ekta Tunnel
d. Patel Tunnel
5. India's legendary tennis player Leander Paes announced to retire in which year?
6. Which state has ranked number-1 in the Good Governance Index released by the Central Government?
b. Tamil Nadu
7. Which state government has increased the retirement age of employees of Road Transport Corporation from 58 years to 60 years?
a. Andhra Pradesh
8. Who among the following has termed 2019 as a year of successes for India at United Nations?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Jayshankar Prasad
c. Amit Shah
d. Syed Akbaruddin
1. (d) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has been named among the top 5 cricketers of the decade in Wisden cricketers of the decade. Apart from Virat Kohli, three other four other players are – Alice Perry, Steve Smith, Dale Steyn, AB de Villiers.
2. (b) Rohit Sharma
The record of scoring the most runs in a year as an opener was named after former Sri Lankan opener batsman Sanath Jayasuriya. Now, Rohit Sharma has scored more than him. Sanath Jayasuriya scored 2387 runs in the year 1997 as an opener. Rohit Sharma scored 2442 runs as an opener in the year 2019.
3. (c) 25 December
This day is observed as the birthday of former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This day was first celebrated in the year 2014. Vajpayee is considered as one of the most influential leaders of Indian politics.
4. (a) Atal Tunnel
Prime Minister Narendra Modi renamed Rohtang Tunnel as Atal Tunnel on the occasion of the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This strategic tunnel is connecting Leh and Manali via Rohtang Pass.
5. (a) 2020
Indian tennis player Leander Paes has recently announced to retire in 2020. It will be last year of his career as an international tennis player. He announced his retirement on Twitter.
6. (c) Tamil Nadu
The states and union territories have divided into three groups, large states, northeast and hill states & union territories in this index. Odisha, Bihar, Goa, Uttar Pradesh are among the worst-performing states.
7. (d) Telangana
The Telangana government has recently announced that the retirement age of Road Transport Corporation (RTC) employees will be increased from 58 years to 60 years. This decision taken by the state government will apply to all the employees working in the department.
8. (d) Syed Akbaruddin
Syed Akbaruddin is India's Permanent Representative to the UN. He recently said that the year 2019 was a period of success for India at the United Nations. He said that India has achieved multiple achievements in the fight against terrorism, sustainable development, and climate change.