Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics on Sin Tax, Archery World Cup Final and Hero Women’s India Open among others.
1. Who won the 2015 Formula 1 US Grand Prix title on 25 October 2015?
a) Lewis Hamilton
b) Nico Rosberg
c) Sebastian Vettel
d) Sergio Perez
2. Identify the country with which the AP Government signed a MoU to develop infrastructure in the upcoming capital city Amaravati.
b) South Korea
3. Identify the state that announced a slew of measures on 25 October 2015 to decrease power transmission losses including setting up of 215 new sub-stations of various capacities by 2018.
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. Name the golfer who won the Hero Women’s Indian Open 2015 on 25 October 2015.
a) Emily Kristine Pedersen (Denmark)
b) Cheyenne Woods (the USA)
c) Becky Morgan (the UK)
d) Vani Kapoor (India)
5. Who took over as the Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) on 23 October 2015?
a) Shekhar Basu
b) M. P. Parameswaran
c) J. Daniel Chellappa
d) Ratan Kumar Sinha
6. Who was appointed as the DGP of Punjab on 25 October 2015?
a) Sumedh Singh Saini
b) Suresh Arora
c) Manish Kumar Agrawal
d) Yash Pal Singal
7. Who became the first ever Indian to win a silver medal in the Archery World Cup Final medal in the compound section on 25 October 2015?
a) Abhishek Verma
b) Rajat Chauhan
c) Sandeep Kumar
d) Akhilesh Sharma
8. Which state government announced on 24 October 2015 to open a Sanskrit varsity after the name of Maharishi Valmiki for the Schedule Caste (SC) in the state?
9. Which Hindi channel emerged as the most watched Hindi channels in the week 41 as per the ratings of Broadcast Audience Research Council?
b) Star Plus
c) DD National
d) Zee Tv
10. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis on 25 October 2015 launched a website to commemorate 94th birth anniversary of which cartoonist?
a) Rasipuram Krishnaswamy Iyer Laxman
b) Harish Chandra Shukla
c) Puthukkody Kottuthody Sankaran Kutty Nair
d) K Shankar Pillai
11. Which country on 25 October 2015 made copying in examinations a crime?
c) Sri Lanka
12. Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu on 25 October 2015 flagged off Vigithon marathon in Mumbai to sensitise people for a fight against corruption at the grass-root level. Which nationalised bank organised the marathon?
a) State Bank of India (SBI)
b) Union Bank of India (UBI)
c) Bank of India (BoI)
d) Canara Bank
13. What is a Sin Tax which was in news in October 2015?
a) A sales tax imposed on second-hand goods
b) An import duty on alcoholic products imported
c) An excise duty on products and services considered bad for health
d) A surcharge on income tax to fund fight against alcoholism
14. The Ministry of Railways on 23 October 2015 announced that India’s first AC double-decker Shatabdi train will soon run between
a) Mumbai and Goa route
b) Delhi and Agra route
c) Delhi and Jaipur route
d) Mumbai and Nagpur route
15. Maharashtra government in October 2015 decided to recommend additional benches of Bombay High Court at which two cities of the state?
a) Nagpur and Kolhapur
b) Pune and Nagpur
c) Pune and Kolhapur
d) Aurangabad and Pune
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(b)
2-(c) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(b) 8-(a) 13-(c)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(c)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.