27 February 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day. Quizzes provided in the section will help you in answering questions that can be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. Today’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 89th Academy Awards, 2017 New Delhi Marathon and UK-India Year of Culture 2017 among others.
1. Which of the following movies won the 89th Academy Awards for the Best Picture?
a) La La Land
2. Who of the following won the 89th Academy Awards for the Best Actor?
a) Andrew Garfield
b) Ryan Gosling
c) Denzel Washington
d) Casey Affleck
3. Name the Indian Navy’s month-long annual theatre level exercise that recently concluded on the Western Seaboard.
4. The UK-India Year of Culture 2017 recently kicked off in London. The purpose of the celebration is
a) To celebrate the 70th anniversary of Indian independence
b) To acknowledge the Indian Diaspora settled in the UK
c) To celebrate the deep cultural ties between the two nations and the 70th year of Indian Independence
d) None of the above
5. India’s first hill station bicycle path was inaugurated in which hill station?
6. What is the purpose of Saathiya Resource Kit that was launched by Union Government recently?
a) To provide information on GST related issues
b) To provide information on adolescent related issues
c) To provide information on health related issues
d) To provide information on issues related to digital payments
7. Who was appointed as the new Brand Ambassador for Swachh Bharat Mission?
a) Priyanka Chopra
b) Deepika Padukone
c) Shilpa Shetty
d) Kangana Ranaut
8. Which state’s Chief Minister recently inaugurated a new medical project titled RAHAT?
c) Andhra Pradesh
9. Which Indian state has announced that it would soon be banning the use of polythene bags?
10. Who won the 2017 Hockey India League title?
a) Punjab Warriors
b) Kalinga Lancers
c) Dabang Mumbai
d) Delhi Waveriders
11. Who won the men’s title in the second edition of the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon?
a) Kheta Ram
b) Man Singh
c) Thanackal Gopi
d) G Lakshamanan
12. Who won the women’s title in the second edition of the 2017 New Delhi Marathon?
a) Arpita Saini
b) Neetu Singh
c) Monika Athare
d) Manju Yadav
13. Name the freedom fighter whose 86th martyrdom day was observed on 27 February 2017.
a) Chandra Shekhar Azad
b) Ashfaqulla Khan
c) Ram Prasad Bismil
d) Batukeshwar Dutt
14. Haryana has established an online system for monitoring the sex-ratio for a district. Name it.
15. FORPHEUS has been given the Guinness title for which unique talent?
I. For playing tennis better than humans
II. For exploring unique technological intelligence
III. For its exceptional educational capabilities
IV. For exploring the possibility of Harmonised automation with Sinic Theoretics
Which of the above statements is correct?
a) I and II
b) All of the above
c) None of the above
d) I, II and IV
1. (c) Moonlight
2. (d) Casey Affleck
3. (b) TROPEX
4. (c) To celebrate the deep cultural ties between the two nations and the 70th year of Indian Independence
5. (a) Darjeeling
6. (b) To provide information on adolescent related issues
7. (c) Shilpa Shetty
8. (a) Rajasthan
9. (b) Jharkhand
10. (b) Kalinga Lancers
11. (c) Thanackal Gopi
12. (c) Monika Athare
13. (a) Chandra Shekhar Azad
14. (a) Panipat
15. (b) All of the above
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.