Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Corruption Perception Index 2015, UDAY Scheme and President Rule in Arunachal Pradesh among others.
1. Which auto manufacturer will unveil the motorcycle V150 on 1 February 2016 claimed to be made from the metal of the INS Vikrant, India's first aircraft carrier that was dismantled back in 2014?
b) Bajaj Auto
d) TVS Motors
2. How many Indian Reserve Battalions will be raised in Jammu & Kashmir and Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected states as per a decision of Union Cabinet on 27 January 2016?
3. The Union Cabinet on 27 January 2016 approved the enhancement of authorized Share Capital of the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) from 1000 crore rupees to
a) 1200 crore rupees
b) 1300 crore rupees
c) 1400 crore rupees
d) 1100 crore rupees
4. Which model was approved by the Union Cabinet on 27 January 2016 for implementing the Highway Projects?
a) Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT)
b) Design, Build, Operate and Transfer (DBOT)
c) Hybrid Annuity Model
d) Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
5. With which country does India on 27 January 2016 signed a protocol to amend existing Double Taxation Avoidance Convention?
6. Which state on 27 January 2016 became the third state to join the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY)?
7. What is the name of the event that showcased cultural performances, food festival and crafts mela at Red Fort, New Delhi as part of Republic Day celebrations?
a) Bharat Ek Parv
b) Bharat Parv
c) Bharat: Ateet se Vartman Tak
d) Bharat Mahotsav
8. Who on 27 January 2016 became the first British woman tennis player after 1983 to reach the semi-final of a grand slam?
a) Johanna Konta
b) Jo Durie
c) Heather Watson
d) Laura Robson
9. Who will head the independent review committee that will review functioning of anti-corruption unit of tennis’s governing bodies following recent allegations of match-fixing in the sports?
a) Chris Kermode
b) Steve Simon
c) Adam Lewis
d) Philip Brook
10. How much money per year is lost by the poorer countries due to corruption as per the Corruption Perception Index 2015 released by the Transparency International?
a) 1 trillion US dollars
b) 2 trillion US dollars
c) 50 billion US dollars
d) 1.5 trillion US dollars
11. Name the West Indian cricketer who retired from international cricket in January 2016.
a) Phil Simmons
b) Denesh Ramdin
c) Shivnarine Chanderpaul
d) Jason Holder
12. Who were appointed as advisors to the Arunachal Pradesh Governor after the Union brought the state under President's rule on 27 January 2016?
a) Amitabh Kant and GS Patnaik
b) YS Dadwal and GS Patnaik
c) LC Goyal and YS Dadwal
d) LC Goyal and Amitabh Kant
13. Delhi Government on 27 January 2016 constituted a commission of inquiry to probe into the complaints of crime against women in the national capital since February 2013. The commission will be headed by
a) Justice (retd) Dinesh Dayal
b) Himanta Biswa Sarma
c) SN Singh
d) Justice (retd) Prithvi Raj
14. Which state government launched special weekly free clinics for women on the Republic Day 2016?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
15. Hybrid Annuity Model of implementing highway projects was in news. The main advantage of the model is
a) Adoption of rational approach in allocation of risk
b) Optimum return on investment
c) Ensures transparency in bidding of projects
d) Maximises revenue for all the partners involved
1-(b) 6-(d) 11-(c)
2-(c) 7-(b) 12-(b)
3-(a) 8-(a) 13-(a)
4-(c) 9-(c) 14-(b)
5-(b) 10-(a) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.