Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like country declared free from Measles, cash special incentive for six Olympic qualifiers and Scimago Institutions Rankings among others.
1. Which country has recently been declared free from measles by the World Health Organization?
2. Name the state that has announced 60 lakh rupees cash special incentive for six sportswomen of the state who have qualified for the Rio Olympics.
c) Andhra Pradesh
3. Name the Indian diplomat, famous for heading the Indian delegation at the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva, who died recently.
a) Arundhati Bose
b) Barakat Ahmad
c) Arundhati Ghose
d) Daya Singh Bedi
4. The Scimago Institutions Rankings recently ranked which Indian government institute as World’s 12th Best Government Institute?
a) Central Institute of Educational Technology
b) Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical and Engineering Training
c) Central Institute of Fresh Water Aquaculture
d) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
5. Which institute was ranked World’s No. 1 Government Institute as per the Scimago Institutions Rankings?
a) National Centre for Scientific Research, France
b) Chinese Academy of Science, China
c) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India
d) None of the above
6. Name the former Indian athlete who will be honoured with the Bharat Gaurav Award by the East Bengal Football Club.
a) Gurbachan Singh Randhawa
b) Milkha Singh
c) Chand Ram
d) Dharam Singh Uppal
7. Name the American soprano and playback singer, best known for dubbing the singing voices of the leading actresses in films, who passed away recently.
a) Melissa Fahn
b) Dolly Parton
c) Marni Nixon
d) None of the above
8. Brazilian researchers recently found a species of mosquito that is able to transmit which of the following diseases to humans?
9. Which country became the first in the world to contribute US$100000 for the UN Trust Fund in support of victims of sexual exploitation and abuse?
c) The United States of America
10. Name the aircraft that recently completed the first round-the-world solar powered flight.
a) Solar Impulse 3
b) Solar Impulse
c) Solar Impulse 2
d) Solar Yen 2
11. Which country has recently launched world's largest amphibious aircraft?
12. Which portal was acquired by Flipkart Ltd on 26 July 2016?
13. Name the Chairman of Ricoh India Ltd who resigned on 25 July 2016.
a) Tetsuya Takano
b) Peter Winham
c) Manoj Kumar
d) Ashwani Singh
14. Who was appointed as the Chief Operating Officer of ITC Ltd in July 2016?
a) YC Deveshwar
b) Sanjiv Puri
c) Avinash Kapoor
d) DK Jain
15. Who was appointed as the Director General of National Museum in July 2016?
a) Arvind Singhal
b) Anil Saini
c) Buddha Rashmi Mani
d) TR Sahni
1. (a) Brazil
2. (b) Odisha
3. (c) Arundhati Ghose
4. (d) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
5. (a) National Centre for Scientific Research, France
6. (b) Milkha Singh
7. (c) Marni Nixon
8. (d) Chikungunya
9. (b) India
10. (c) Solar Impulse 2
11. (d) China
12. (c) Jabong
13. (a) Tetsuya Takano
14. (b) Sanjiv Puri
15. (c) Buddha Rashmi Mani