27 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Global Passport Power Rank 2017, Infantry Day and Sagarmala project among others.
1. What was India’s rank in the Passport Index of the Global Passport Power Rank 2017?
2. Which Union Ministries jointly launched a new scheme “SAATHI”?
a) Ministries of Power and Textiles
b) Ministries of Textiles and Railways
c) Ministries of Power and Railways
d) Ministries of Minority Affairs and Finance
3. Which Indian origin couple won the 2017 IHV Lifetime Achievement Award for AIDS research?
a) Pooja Jain and Nitin Jain
b) Swati Singh and Harman Singh
c) Quarraisha Abdool Karim and Salim Abdool Karim
d) S. Radhakrishnan and Neena Iyer
4. Who became the ambassador of Delhi Olympic Games to be held in December 2017?
a) Sushil Kumar
b) Yogeshwar Dutt
c) Virat Kohli
d) Gautam Gambhir
5. Infantry Day is observed on which of the following days?
a) 27 October
b) 12 October
c) 25 October
d) 30 October
6. Researchers from Florida State University developed a tool to objectively define the beginning and end of the Indian summer Monsoon. Name the journal where the research was published?
a) Climate Dynamics
b) Climate Discourse
c) Climatic turbulence
d) Climatic Depression
7. Who was sworn-in as the Prime Minister of New Zealand in October 2017?
a) Jacinda Ardern
b) Malcolm Turnbull
c) Shinzo Abe
d) Theresa May
8. Who took charge as the new Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand?
a) Utpal Kumar Singh
b) S Ramaswamy
c) Utpal Dutt
d) Sivakumar Sen
9. Name this early Rock and Roller known for having a two fisted boogie-woogie piano who died on 25 October 2017.
a) Fats Domino
b) Buddy Holly
c) Little Richard
d) Jerry Lee
10. The Ministry of Shipping sanctioned Rs 25 crore and Rs 50 crore under the flagship Sagarmala project to the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust and the Karwar port. In which of the following states, these ports are located?
d) Uttar Pradesh
11. Which state’s government has increased the quota for OBCs by 5 per cent to a total of 26 per cent?
a) Uttar Pradesh
12. Which state’s government has decided to use drones to conduct slum survey?
b) Andhra Pradesh
13. The Union government will be sending CCI officials to which state to resolve cotton procurement related issues?
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
14. The Special Centre for Disaster research was inaugurated in which university?
a) Banaras Hindu University
b) Jawaharlal Nehru University
c) University of Delhi
d) Anna University
15. Indian Railways’ first set of solar plants was launched in which city?
d) New Delhi
1. (b) 75th
2. (a) Ministries of Power and Textiles
3. (c) Quarraisha Abdool Karim and Salim Abdool Karim
4. (b) Yogeshwar Dutt
5. (a) 27 October
6. (a) Climate Dynamics
7. (a) Jacinda Ardern
8. (a) Utpal Kumar Singh
9. (a) Fats Domino
10. (a) Karnataka
11. (c) Rajasthan
12. (c) Odisha
13. (b) Telangana
14. (b) Jawaharlal Nehru University
15. (d) New Delhi