28 December 2016: Jagranjosh.com provides daily current affairs quizzes that will help an aspirant of any competitive exam to revise the day by solving the questions that may be asked in an exam. The day’s daily current affairs quizzes include topics like National Games in 2022, rejection of India’s Open Sky offer and Flamingo bird festival among others.
1. Which of the following states will host the National Games in 2022?
b) West Bengal
c) Madhya Pradesh
2. Who was chosen as the Captain of the Cricket Australia’s ODI Team of Year?
a) David Warner
b) Steve Smith
c) Virat Kohli
d) Mitchell Marsh
3. Suresh Kalmadi and Abhay Singh Chautala were recently appointed as the lifetime presidents of which of the entities?
a) Ice Hockey Association of India
b) Indian Olympic Association
c) Indian Boxing Federation
d) Sports Authority of India
4. The astronomer, who confirmed dark matter passed away recently. His/her name is
a) Vera Rubin
b) Carl Sagan
c) Annie Canon
d) Antony Hewish
5. Which country recently rejected India’s ‘Open Sky’ offer to allow unlimited flights between the two countries?
6. A study involving 1200 bird species was conducted by researchers from the University of Bath in the UK. Which of the following sentence is the correct result of the study?
a) Birds with larger brains are more likely to survive harsh climatic conditions
b) Birds with smaller brains are more likely to survive harsh climatic conditions
c) Birds with a bigger body are more likely to survive harsh climatic conditions
d) Birds with a smaller body are more likely to survive harsh climatic conditions
7. Which state hosts the annual Flamingo bird festival, a three-day state sponsored event?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
8. The registration fees for Indian citizenship of Hindus of which neighboring countries have been reduced to Rs 100?
a) Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh
b) Pakistan, Myanmar and Bhutan
c) Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh
d) Pakistan, China and Sri Lanka
9. Who was appointed as the Deputy Governor of RBI recently?
a) Satya Narayan
b) Sunderlal Patwa
c) Nagraj Varma
d) Viral Acharya
10. Name the batsman who broke the 117-year-old of first-class cricket by scoring 359 runs while carrying his bat.
a) Samit Gohel
b) K Vignesh
c) Ashwin Crist
d) T Natarajan
11. It is in this city of Uttarakhand where Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of Char Dham highway development project.
12. Name the train that derailed near Rura railway station in Kanpur Dehat district in last week of December 2016.
a) Sealdah Ajmer Express
b) North-East Express
c) Indore-Patna Express
d) None of the above
13. Name the former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh who died in the recent past.
a) Gopinath Bordoloi
b) Ravishankar Shukla
c) Chimanbhai Patel
d) Sunderlal Patwa
14. Who was named as the Chief Adviser to the President for Homeland Security and Counter-terrorism by President-elect Donald Trump?
a) Thomas Bossert
b) Nikki Haley
c) Betsy DeVos
d) Mike Pompeo
15. The corporate office of the Sagarmala Development Company was inaugurated in
d) New Delhi
1. (d) Meghalaya
2. (c) Virat Kohli
3. (a) Indian Olympic Association
4. (a) Vera Rubin
6.(a) Birds with larger brains are more likely to survive harsh climatic conditions
7.(c) Andhra Pradesh
8. (a) Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh
9. (d) Viral Acharya
10. (a) Samit Gohel
11. (a) Dehradun
12. (a) Sealdah Ajmer Express
13. (d) Sunderlal Patwa
14. (a) Thomas Bossert
15. (d) New Delhi
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.