28 October 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Disarmament Week, World Day for Audiovisual Heritage and sacred pilgrimage sites among others.
1. Which instrument was found from a shipwreck off the coast of Oman?
b) Equatorial ring
c) Graph paper
d) Armillary sphere
2. The Disarmament Week is celebrated annually in which month?
3. The Supreme Court imposed a fine of what amount on the Union Environment Ministry for not fixing the pollution emission standards of Sulphur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxide on industries.
a) Rs 1 Lakh
b) Rs 2 Lakh
c) Rs 3 Lakh
d) Rs 4 Lakh
4. RBI imposed penalty on which two banks in October 2017 for violating regulations issued by the regulator?
a) Axis Bank and Yes Bank
b) Punjab & Sindh Bank and RBL Bank
c) Yes Bank and IDFC Bank
d) Allahabad Bank and Bank of India
5. India signed USD 300 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to improve fiscal reforms in which state?
d) West Bengal
6. As per the ‘Global Passport Power Rank 2017’, which country has the world’s most powerful passport?
7. Which High Court banned photos of living persons on banners?
8. Which state will be 'Focus State' in the World Food India (WFI)-2017.
9. India signed how much amount of loan agreement with Asian Development Bank to support coastal protection in Karnataka?
a) USD 55.5 million
b) USD 65.5 million
c) USD 75.5 million
d) USD 85.5 million
10. What was the theme of the 2017 World Day for Audiovisual Heritage?
a) It’s your story – don’t lose it
b) Protect & share your visual story
c) Discover, remember and share
d) Archives at Risk: Protect, remember and share
11. Which State Cricket Association became the associate member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)?
12. Which country recently granted a citizenship to a robot named 'Sophia'?
a) Saudi Arabia
13. Which country was ranked as the number one country to visit in 2018 by Lonely Planet?
14. Digamber Singh, who passed away recently, belonged to which field?
15. Which two towns of Uttar Pradesh were recently declared as 'sacred pilgrimage sites'?
a) Banaras and Kosi
b) Agra and Mathura
c) Kosi and Vrindavan
d) Vrindavan and Barsana
1. (a) Astrolabe
2. (b) October
3. (b) Rs 2 Lakh
4. (c) Yes Bank and IDFC Bank
5. (d) West Bengal
6. (a) Singapore
7. (b) Madras
8. (c) Odisha
9. (b) USD 65.5 million
10. (c) Discover, remember and share
11. (d) Puducherry
12. (a) Saudi Arabia
13. (b) Chile
14. (c) Politics
15. (d) Vrindavan and Barsana