28 September 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Maritime Day, non-venomous aquatic snake named Aquatic Rhabdops and Deendayal Port among others.
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a MoU in the oil and gas sector between India and which nation?
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an agreement on cooperation in the field of Information, Communication and Media between India and which nation?
3. This governmental body celebrated its 13th Formation Day on 28 September 2017.
a) National Investigation Agency
b) National Disaster Management Authority
c) National Security Council
d) Indian Space Research Organisation
4. Which day is celebrated across the world on 28 September?
a) World Tourism Day
b) International Day of Peace
c) International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons (
d) World Maritime Day
5. The World Maritime Day 2017 was observed globally with what theme?
a) Connecting Ships, Ports and People
b) Shipping: indispensable to the world
c) IMO Conventions: Effective Implementation
d) Sustainable development: IMO’s contribution beyond Rio+20
6. A new species of non-venomous aquatic snake named Aquatic Rhabdops, which was misidentified since 1863, was recently identified and described as new species. The species is found in which of the following biodiversity hotspots?
a) Eastern Himalaya
c) Western Ghats
d) Eastern Ghats
7. Which of the following systems was recently launched to simplify the Warehouse Registration Rules in New Delhi?
a) Electronic Warehouse Receipt System
b) Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt System
c) Tez Negotiable Warehouse Receipt System
d) Electronic Negotiable Warehouse System
8. What is the theme of the 2017 World Rabies Day?
a) Rabies: Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate.
b) End Rabies Together
c) Rabies: Zero By 30
d) None of the above
9. An anti-doping laboratory of Chatenay-Malabry was recently suspended by the World Anti-Doping Agency. The laboratory is situated in which of the following countries?
10. Scientists recently made fourth detection of gravitational waves. In this regard, consider the following statements.
I. The latest observation was made on 14 August 2017.
II. It is the first time that this phenomenon has been measured simultaneously by both the US-based LIGO and Italy-based Virgo detectors.
Which of the above statements is/are true?
a) Only (I)
b) Only (II)
c) Both (I) and (II)
d) Neither (I) not (II)
11. What was the theme of 2017 World Tourism Day?
a) Sustainable tourism – a tool for development
b) Tourism: Responding to the Challenge of Migration
c) Tourism for all
d) Tourism opens doors for women
12. Who was appointed as Chairman of World Gold Council?
a) Maryna Viazovska
b) David Harquail
c) Richard Gerry
d) Mark Browell
13. Which Port was renamed as Deendayal Port?
a) Kochi Port
b) Tuticorn Port
c) Kandla Port
d) Chennai Port
14. Who won 2017 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize?
a) Krishnaswami Alladi
b) Philippe Michel
c) Manjul Bhargava
d) Maryna Viazovska
15. Maharashtra State government signed an agreement with which country for infrastructure projects?
a) South Korea
1. (d) Belarus
2. (c) Ethiopia
3. (b) National Disaster Management Authority
4. (d) World Maritime Day
5. (a) Connecting Ships, Ports and People
6. (c) Western Ghats
7. (b) Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt System
8. (c) Rabies: Zero By 30
9. (b) France
10. (c) Both (I) and (II)
11. (a) Sustainable tourism – a tool for development
12. (b) David Harquail
13. (c) Kandla Port
14. (d) Maryna Viazovska
15. (a) South Korea