Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 Colby Award, Australian Open 2016 and V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award among others.
1. Union Minister for Shipping and Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari recently laid the foundation stone for construction of a passenger jetty at Kanhoji Angre Island to develop it as a tourist destination. The island is situated in which state?
d) Tamil Nadu
2. Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship on 28 January signed a MoU with which Academy to achieve the Prime Minister’s vision of making India skill capital of the world?
a) Yashaswi Academy for Skills
b) Tejashwi Academy of Skills
c) Sardar Vallabhai Patel Academy
d) CV Raman Industrial Training Institute
3. 5th edition of the Technotex will be held from 21 April – 23 April 2016 in which city?
a) New Delhi
4. What is the theme of the Technotex 2016 that will be held from 21 April – 23 April 2016?
a) Technical Textiles – Towards a Smart Future
b) Technical Textiles and Make in India
c) Towards a Smart Textile
d) Technical Textiles – Towards a Inclusive Society
5. The 61st National School Athletic championship started on 29 January 2016 in which of the following states?
a) Tamil Nadu
6. By winning the Australian Open 2016 on 29 January 2016, the pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis has won how many titles in a row?
7. The pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis defeated which tennis pair to win the Australian Open 2016 on 29 January 2016?
a) Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka
b) Lucie Hradecka and Ana Ivanovic
c) Ana Ivanovic and Andrea Hlavackova
d) Victoria Arazenka and Ana Ivanovic
8. Nisid Hajari won the 2016 Colby Award given by the Norwich University for his book titled
a) A Road We Do Not Know: A Novel of Custer at the Little Bighorn
b) Midnight’s Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India’s Partition
c) Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War
d) Generals of the Bulge: Leadership in the U.S. Army’s Greatest Battle
9. Which European country on 29 January 2016 announced to deport failed asylum seekers following the footsteps of Sweden?
10. Which of the following countries will be included by Germany in its list of safe countries as it tries to curb growing number of migrants?
a) Morocco, Tunisia and Libya
b) Libya, Algeria and Tunisia
c) Algeria, Morocco and Syria
d) Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia
11. Who won the V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF) 2016?
a) Mohammed Ali Naqvi
b) Hemal Trivedi
c) Joshua Oppenheimer
d) Naresh Bedi
12. In a statement issued by Ministry of Railways, with effect from 15 February 2016 for how many times an individual can book an e-ticket in a month?
13. According to Union Government, what is the capacity of thermal power that was added in last 20 months?
a) 20000 MW
b) 30000 MW
c) 25000 MW
d) 15000 MW
14. For how many years the Agreement between India and Pakistan relating to Rail Communication signed on 28 June 1976 was extended by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on 29 January 2016?
15. In which state the Akshay Kumar-led film Airlift was made tax-free?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
1-(b) 6-(b) 11-(d)
2-(a) 7-(a) 12-(c)
3-(c) 8-(b) 13-(b)
4-(a) 9-(c) 14-(d)
5-(c) 10-(d) 15-(b)